I make a lot of lists for my tasks (personal and work related) and need to move them over to another day, add status notes, and an easy way to say if it's pending, new, complete, etc. Currently I'm using... Google Sheets. Literally built my own spreadsheet for my tasks and I'm really attached to it - but I'd love if I could get an app that is Mac + iPhone that has as robust of functionality!
- I think this is the most easy one, visual overview and lots of extras, but only if needed.Trello has been my daily tool since 2013. It's easy to use, easy to store informations. With some Chrome extensions (and Safari but there're only 2 extensions. They're still good for me) your day will be perfect.Excellent recommendation. Works well for small teams, too. I'm a freelance PM and Trello's the first organizational tool I roll out when putting a team together, because it's simple enough that even stubborn people can quickly self-organize around it and immediately start using it correctly.
- I can recommend Todoist - it's available via web browser, desktop apps and on mobile. You can create different projects and this way use it for personal and work related tasks. It's really easy to start using it, it has great UX/UI.Todoist! I use it every day and it's absolutely superb. It's cross platform, allows you to manage different projects for your personal and professional to-do's, and with premium you can get really advanced with labels. It's so easy to use and is an absolute life saver. It also works offline incase you remember something you need to add when you are on the go without an active internet connection. The UI is stunning on desktop web, and on the Android app.
- I've implemented Asana at 3 separate companies after using Trello and Basecamp. Project templates, list or board style, easy drag and drop, repeating tasks, so much more.Makes it pretty easy with many people on one project
- Wunderlist is a fantastic task manager that has completely replaced reminders on MacOS and iOS on my devices. I can sync multiple tasks, lists and sub-tasks with collaborators, schedule them, allocate them and get dependable notifications. The tasks can also sync to the calendar. Truly a great app.
- Ivan Zhao made this productIt puts your tasks and notes in the same space, organized into a wiki. Plus, you can drag and drop everything!
- Cloud sync, tagging, due dates, projects, focus areas, notes, recurring tasks. I've been using Things for years and love it. Might have slightly fewer features than you need, but I think most of these other ones have too many features you don't need (like team collaboration). If you need something slightly more robust than Things, I'd try OmniFocus (which I will recommend separately). Pay once for the apps (Mac and iOS), and cloud syncing is free. No subscription fees.
- This is just one of those tools that doesn't tell you how to think, despite being restricting. It does the thing it's supposed to do very, very well and I adore it.
- Gregory Lefort made this productBest way to share tasks and sync with your team. For teams who are looking to manage their projects faster and easier.Great for team sync/collaboration - managing projects, file sharing, messaging (by board, task or directly), assigning tasks, recurring tasks, time tracking, due dates... Syncs to all devices... This app has been brilliant for my work. We've integrated it well with Box, DropBox and Evernote!
- Simple, effective, and free. The export function is also very useful.Simply amazing at everything! People using Trello will feel right at home with the Kanban view, and this product just absolutely nails it with the linkable tables!
- Cloud sync, due dates, projects, contexts, notes, recurring tasks, multi-level tasks. I've been using OmniFocus at work for years and love it. Frankly I think most of these other recommendations have too many features you don't need (like team collaboration). If you need something slightly less robust than OmniFocus, I'd try Things (recommended separately). Pay once for the apps (Mac and iOS), and cloud syncing is free. No subscription fees.Links to Apple Reminders app, can connect with your Mail and Calendar - plus the folks at OmniGroup are a nice group of people!
- Proven project management for successful teams With a shared view of team priorities, a process that fosters collaboration, and dynamic tools to analyze progress, your team will deliver more frequently and consistently.
- Accelerate your team's performance by assigning tasks, communicating and tracking progress in one place. Use the Teamwork Timer to stay on top of your work.It's like Basecamp Classic but with features. Teamwork Projects integrates well with its own help desk Teamwork Desk. Integrates well with Freshbooks and other billing systems. Let's you add your own custom CSS. Has lots of controls to stop email promiscuity (which we helped build as we hate unnecessary emails or CC all).
- Very simple. Clean design. Integrates with your calendar. Ability to have several lists and create priority items vs regular priority. I use the iOS app more than the web UI, but has a web UI option.