- This is what I used when I moved to San FranciscoMeetup is the most fabulous way to meet "like-minded" people. That's what it was created to do and does very well as you can setup your search for events to attend before you travel; join groups and RSVP to their Meetups.
I do not believe somebody reading this so no need more review
- I travel a lot, too, and I think there are some great Facebook groups to meet up with people. I personally like the digital nomads groups and active groups for travel lovers. Let me know if you want some specific names of groups I like, but you can also easily find them with the search function.
I use the couchsurfing app all the time. It is how I made the large network (of English speaking) people that I have since moving abroad. I go to their weekly meetups, picnics, and other events as well meet people through the hangout when I'm bored. I've stayed with two hosts and meet up with other travelers and locals when I'm traveling as well as meet on a separate trip with one of those travelers. Recommend to anyone who wants to expand their horizons, meet interesting people, and become a global citizen.
- The correct answer is clearly Yelp. Nothing is even close. Yelp's coverage is really thorough with a giant reviewing community that writes really helpful reviews. Also, the mobile app is great -- great for search, great for looking through reviews, etc. On Yelp, you get good information from both aggregate data and individual reviews. The reviews are super-fresh -- kept up-to-date. The only other thing I can think of that's very useful is Google Maps, which helps with proximity and map-based searches.
- Cem Carak made this productThis app helps you not only discover things to do nearby your location but also matches you with people interested in the same things as you. Therefore you automatically share a common point with them and already have a potential idea on when and where to hangout since you all showed interest in the same thing.
- Sama Jashnani made this productMeet people around you based on what you are down to do like workouts, sports, eating, travelling and other activities. Discover events, classes and activities that are going on around you and connect with people who are down for the same.