As I travel often or work remotely, I have this problem of having not many connections in new cities. Let's say I'd love to have a morning coffee or hang out on Friday evening. Twitter works great, but not always. What do you use in such cases?
- Meetup is the most fabulous way to meet "like-minded" people. That's what it was created to do and does very well as you can setup your search for events to attend before you travel; join groups and RSVP to their Meetups.
- I travel a lot, too, and I think there are some great Facebook groups to meet up with people. I personally like the digital nomads groups and active groups for travel lovers. Let me know if you want some specific names of groups I like, but you can also easily find them with the search function.
- The correct answer is clearly Yelp. Nothing is even close. Yelp's coverage is really thorough with a giant reviewing community that writes really helpful reviews. Also, the mobile app is great -- great for search, great for looking through reviews, etc. On Yelp, you get good information from both aggregate data and individual reviews. The reviews are super-fresh -- kept up-to-date. The only other thing I can think of that's very useful is Google Maps, which helps with proximity and map-based searches.
- Cem Carak made this productThis app helps you not only discover things to do nearby your location but also matches you with people interested in the same things as you. Therefore you automatically share a common point with them and already have a potential idea on when and where to hangout since you all showed interest in the same thing.
- Sama Jashnani made this productMeet people around you based on what you are down to do like workouts, sports, eating, travelling and other activities. Discover events, classes and activities that are going on around you and connect with people who are down for the same.
- Mrigank Pawagi made this productLocalBrackets is a community driven platform that offers people the opportunity to socialise with those who share their interests. It makes it easy for users to create, find & join brackets, and collaborate with ease, and helps communities foster & develop. LocalBrackets helps you easily find the bracket of your interest, near you. Finding the right community is very crucial to your way to socialising!