Loom now has a desktop app for Windows and Mac that lets capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required.
Great video quality, easy to use, uploads are automatic and fast
Even with the Pro account there seems to be a lot of forced Loom Branding and call to actions on the video playback URL
I had tried Loom a while back, and it wasn't a fit then. Just tried a trial of the new Pro version and it seems really nice, and the workflow to record a quick information video, bug, support video, or product feedback is fast and slick. The only items that keep it from being perfect for me (and will probably keep me from buying long term) 1. Way too much branding on the video playback page, including a call to action popup and the end of playback. This is going to be confusing to some of the non-tech people I send videos to, and I'm going to spend more time explaining this to them and telling them they didn't really need to create a Loom account than what the product saves me in time. For a free product, brand the heck out of it - but a paid version should allow you to hide most or all of this. I looked in the KB for a way to disable this, but couldn't find it. Sent a message to the team, so hopefully they will come back with something to help. 2. The default "Dock - Dock" video name for every video. Why not at least make this a time / date. I'd probably change this 80% of the time, but it would be nice if the other 20% didn't all have the same video nameEd Holloway has used this product for one day.
Fantastic product. Works flawlessly. Amazing team.
None. Loom is a dream come true.
Been using Loom for ~2 years and continually impressed by the use cases - design/ux/ui recordings, communicating with remote peers, video notes for team knowledge base and so much more! The ubiquity on slack, trello, chrome, and desktop is so appreciated. Work life is easier and happier thanks to Loom.Junaid Kalmadi has used this product for one year.