Will AI completely revolutionize education ?

Anil Matcha
36 replies
We have released the world's first AI tutor trained on your course content and launched today on producthunt. If you wish to check the future of AI assisted education do check us out https://www.producthunt.com/post... and provide your feedback

Replies

Anton von Hunerbein
I think yes! I think the biggest question is still how to encourage students that the pursuit of knowledge is worthwhile
Roop Reddy
I don't believe in extremes, usually, the reality will be somewhere in the middle. A lot of things that tutors do can be automated using GPT. For example, the homework doubt-solving industry is very big and dominated by players such as Chegg which uses real teachers to solve students' doubts asynchronously. Now, GPT models can be trained to solve the problems/doubts first and present them to the teacher to verify the solution. This will reduce the amount of time the teacher needs to spend solving students' doubts without removing the human touch.
Anil Matcha
@roopreddy Thanks for sharing your insights. Definitely ChatGPT can help in providing an interactive learning experience and thus reducing the need for private tutors
Hashnimo
Yes, but tutors can manipulate their students to hate AI.
Apollon Latsoudis
Well basically there is no easy answer. It can certainly assist them (centaur system-man using AI to collaborate for an acceptable output) but it needs fine tuning in my opinion, before replacing tutors altogether. In an interesting article https://futurism.com/the-byte/si... it was argued that using AI tutors may be a double edged sword QUOTE ".....it could slow students down if they relied on asking it questions too often, the upside of that same coin is that the students asked Khanmigo more questions than what they might have out loud. " in any case we have seen AI tools taking exams and succeeding and teachers using it to generate test answers which again the GPT answers on the students behalf.
Henry
Have a successful launch.
Dr. Viktor
Definitely +1 to your AI Tutor by UUKI, as it's getting harder and harder to orient yourself in this field right now.
Anil Matcha
@isratjahan17 Any reason you think so and how do you think the future looks like ?
Syed Muhammad Shoaib Iqbal Shah
AI is the game changer agent in educational field.
Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
I believe so! Kids are going to be growing up with AI at their fingertips. Educational institutions are going to have to adapt.
Guillaume Sá
I believe it will tremendously help parents with having to do homework with their kids every day!
Valorie Jones
AI has the potential to make learning a lot more accessible and interactive. Research has shown that the brain absorbs and retains information better when learning is an active, not passive experience. It is also key to tailor content based a student's existing level of knowledge, finding the balance to make a lesson challenging but not overwhelming. ChatGTP is particularly great at rephrasing content for different audiences and skill-levels. It is not a replacement for critical thinking skills, learning how to verify and combine different sources of information. At our company, we have already been using GTP to help teach programming skills to novices and we are integrating it into our platform to guide users through interactive videos.
Bjarn Bronsveld
I believe it's going to be the "new calculator". Where in the past the calculator was getting banned. But eventually, we got so much better at solving complex math using it. The same is going to happen with AI I think - people are going to ban it, but eventually can't get around it and people get handy with AI and allow it to help them be more efficient overall.
David J. Kim
I'd imagine in 3 - 5 years there'll be an AI model that will learn everything they can about a person's interests, goals, learning styles, etc. and create not just a comprehensive learning experience but also a super optimized career path.
Ahmed M. Hussien
AI has already started to make an impact in various industries, and education is no exception. As we continue to develop more advanced AI technology, it's likely that we'll see even greater changes in the way we approach teaching and learning. However, it's important to remember that AI is just one tool in the educator's toolbox and should be used in conjunction with other teaching methods
Sam Cutting
AI, Specially Chat GPT is really useful in creating unique content for websites but only problem with AI voice is, YouTube not accepted monetization on this.
Vlad Zivkovic
Hopefully the technology will replace overpriced tutors. I wish you will take over Byju's market!
Tona
I think it will. It should at least. I am an academic, and teaching at a University. Denying AI tools such as ChatGPT is bad. We should take advantage of new things, not hide them from students.
Daniel Moutouss
AI has the potential to completely revolutionizes many sectors, including education. The path ahead of us with AI in education is going to be similar to the one of the internet. Slow, inefficient and not really taking advantage of the potential of the tech nor helping students come out with an array of tools and knowledge about the topic in hand.