Why haven't you switched from office work to remote yet? What is the outcome of being at office?

This question is for those who have to work from an office at work... I mean... when I commuted to work, I was so anxious, I spent time, money and energy commuting and was uselessly exhausted. That had a bad influence on my performance. Stressed, tired and unhappy – how can work be done better then? 🤨

Replies

Mehdi Djabri
I offer my team both, they love having a place to connect and the flexibility to work from anywhere, they’re all super dedicated and passionate
Rohit Joshi
I prefer to work from office in office you can work with the team, and everyone doing their task so you are not distracted with your phone or something else and your family also not disturb you in your working office hours. I work monday to friday in office and on weekend at home.
André J
Launching soon!
I would go to an office if it was really cool. At least once a week. Like this one: https://www.shifter.no/nyheter/b... or this one https://ne.no/2024/02/16/setter-...
Matej Cabadaj
@sentry_co 100% agree! 🤩 förresten, är du norsk? :)
Since working from home full time my life quality has increased dramatically. Every single day I replace 2+ hours of commuting with looking after my child.
Nitin Joshi
I think hybrid is much better, if you want to go office then go office If you don't want to go office then wfh. I think wfh is not good as Work From Remote is. Go some good place somewhere in hill or beach or whatever you like and work from there.
Igor Lysenko
I worked in the office and at home. And working at home, I realized that it saves me time on my tasks, and I can not be distracted by other factors that could interfere with my work. Moreover, the most important reason is that it’s cozy at home.
Mansi Trivedi
I've always worked from home and I honestly love working from home. I have more convenience and more peace to work with!
Business Marketing with Nika
@mansi_trivedi1 Mansi, I feel exactly the same. Home work gives you peace. And then, your work can be done better. :-)
Vincent Xu
For some, the structure and clear boundaries of office work enhance productivity and work-life balance; the office environment can foster collaboration and spur innovation that's hard to replicate remotely. Plus, for those who thrive on direct interpersonal interactions, the office can be a source of energy rather than exhaustion.
Matej Cabadaj
Honestly, after 3 years working from home, I can not wait to settle in one place (not moving between Sweden and Czechia) and get an office with a good friend of mine who is also a founder 😅 just the feeling of getting out of the house is good for me! We will most likely get some office in a coworking place to network with others also 🤩
@matej_cabadaj Hahaha, tbh, sometimes I felt like I wanted to be in an office but it was a false alarm. 🚨😀 Maybe hybrid work would be better because you do not have to give up the comfort of your zone but can be still in touch with people to brainstorm ideas. Or some kind of coworking, you are right. 🙌🙂
Sanyo Tzeng
I have been working from home since the pandemic. Required to go into the office at least once a week. Sometimes there are technology issues (VPN down) or I wish that I could just walk over to a team member's office to talk about pressing issues. However, I save a lot on gas (not something to be taken lightly in the state of CA).
Marvin Mändle
Remote Work is the future, especially in tech. But to meet the team sometimes in person and to spent some time together for example on a workation is the basis for strong and long lasting relationships in a company.
Meghan Henry
I still work in the office because my company hasn't switched to remote work yet. Being in the office promotes collaboration.
@meghan_henry is it convenient for you to work in the office?
Robert Mills
Office work continues because some tasks are easier in person. Collaboration and access to resources are benefits.
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
I think the best option is when you have an office, but you can stay at home if you want. So I would prefer to go to the office at least 2-3 times a week if I could :) But after covid this became impossible for me (remote work with the US) sometimes it's easier to have a discussion with 5+ people in person
@nadiaaesty are you home office all the time? Are you based in the US or travelling abroad?
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika i am a digital nomad for the past 2 years, so airbnbs are usually my offices, mostly in Europe/middle East. I have a lot of partners/advisors/colleagues based in US so that's why I am a remote worker :) hope some day to settle down in US
@nadiaaesty How can u handle it? :-D currently, I am in Amsterdam in one of those apartments, everything is beautiful but I would rather work all day than visit the city :-D
Jotam Dveer
I actually love to work in the office... I like to be surrounded by my team and feel connected to them. No remote place could replace that.