Who tested GPT-4 already? What are your first impressions?

Mutlu Sakar
43 replies
I didn't have chance to check it yet but i am sure someone in this community did. Can you share your first impressions about GPT-4? How it is different than gpt-3 or chatgpt?

Replies

Kate Erina
Tested it only with my regular content-related tasks, and it went almost the same as always, didn’t see any significant shift. But for sure it’d have bigger effect in more complex tasks, just need to check it also. So far the most interesting case I saw yesterday was creating website design prototype based on a photo of the manual scheme on a napkin 🫠
Aaron O'Leary
I haven't tested it but saw many videos of it recently and it looks incredible, someone recreated pong in the space of a minute
Mutlu Sakar
@aaronoleary wow. I also read on twitter that it is especially way better in math than previous versions
Mutlu Sakar
@aaronoleary hey Aaron, check out our latest product. It will be a product factory for you soon :P https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Harley coates
How it is different than gpt-3 or chatgpt? same question
LisaKim
@harley_coates According to OpenAI, this next-generation language model is more advanced in three key areas: creativity, visual input, and longer context.
Abhishek Jha
GPT-4 is more reliable, creative, and able to handle much more nuanced instructions than GPT-3.5. GPT-4 can accept both text and images as input, making it capable of generating text outputs based on inputs consisting of both text and images. While the model's visual input capability is still in the research preview stage, it has shown similar capabilities to text-only inputs, I have also tried it and it is superb! Although, it's amazing!
Rahul Pundir
@mutlusakar Is there any app of chat gpt 4?
Imran Razak
I used it. It’s good, but I think there are so many areas that OpenAI need to fix before more products can integrate it. But I would be pretty epic if they sorta bought it all in one tool which encompassed image AI and Video etc into one tool. Then they would have a game changer. Probs will do it with Microsoft.
Mutlu Sakar
@imran_razak Thx for the reply. What kind of fixes you meant? Can you elaborate a bit?
LisaKim
Haven't gotten access yet but came here for the comments. Thanks for the discussion!
Shaur ul Asar
As I have not personally tested it, I cannot speak to the specific differences between GPT-4 and GPT-3.
Shubham Pratap Singh
I have not tested it but saw videos and it looks awesome
Morgan Kung
Tested and just felt shocked by its optimized capabilities, I used it to generate LaTeX code for slides, not such fancy slides with motion effects, and it even thoughtfully left me an interface for inserting images.
I tested ChatGPT 4 today and I didn't notice a big difference in my daily routine. However, this morning, I had the pleasure of testing the use of ChatGPT on our platform and it was mind-blowing.
Darcey Turner
This newer language paradigm excels in three areas: imagination, observation, and extended discussion.
Paolo Fornasini
From a ChatGPT perspective I haven't noticed a major difference
Tara Tiger Brown
Previously I have found ChatGPT 3.5 to hallucinate business names and websites so I’ll be interested in whether that’s improved. It seems we will be able to more easily hook it up to Discord so it will function similar to Midjourney for uploading images. Then I think it will get really interesting.
BiglySales
I loved it, I feel that it is very well explained and very complete for this new world that we are going to begin to live!👌🏻
Siddharth Ponnapalli
Experience has been very good so far, it has only been an hour since I started using the service.
Meiko ✅ Join The Peripheral Newsletter
It runs super slow and I don't really see a change from the 3.5 model. Will continue to testl
Michael Shattuck
I've tested it quite a bit. I have already noticed a few differences. Here are a few I've observed - It seems better at writing and also explaining code. - It seems better at taking complex documents or contracts and breaking them down to understandable chunks. - It seems better to adjust the tone of the responses based on your prompts.
Brian Ball
The biggest noticing that I had was that GPT-4 seemed to follow instructions better. I was prompting with: Ask me one question at a time. GPT 3.5-turbo would continue to ignore that instruction for some reason.
Joseph Rojas
GPT4 gives much more knowledgeable answers and follows directions way better. Example: GPT3.5 Qustion: I would like to know more about Stage presence and audience engagement Answer: Practice and preparation: Rehearse your setlist, including any planned stage banter, so that you feel confident and comfortable on stage. This will allow you to focus on engaging with your audience rather than worrying about what you're going to play next. Connect with your audience: Make eye contact with your audience, smile, and acknowledge them throughout your set. This creates a personal connection between you and your listeners. Move around: Don't be afraid to move around the stage and use the space to your advantage. This can help to create energy and excitement during your performance. Use body language: Use your body language to convey emotion and passion during your performance. This can include gestures, facial expressions, and even your posture. Interact with your bandmates: If you're performing with a band, interact with your bandmates on stage. This can create a sense of camaraderie and teamwork that can be contagious to your audience. Engage the crowd: Encourage your audience to participate in your performance by clapping, singing along, or even dancing. This can create a sense of community and involvement that will keep your listeners engaged throughout your set. Remember, your stage presence and audience engagement are crucial to your success as a performer. By practicing these tips and finding your own unique style, you can create an unforgettable live performance that will leave a lasting impression on your audience. Example: GPT4 Qustion: I would like to know more about Stage presence and audience engagement Answer: Hello! Of course, I'd be happy to provide you with advice on improving your stage presence and audience engagement. Here are 10 tips to help you captivate your audience and create a memorable live performance: Confidence: Believe in yourself and your music. Confidence is contagious, and when you display it on stage, your audience will feel more connected and engaged. Eye contact: Make eye contact with your audience members. This establishes a connection and makes them feel like you're performing just for them. Body language: Use open and expressive body language to communicate your emotions and energy. This can include gestures, dance moves, or simply moving around the stage. Storytelling: Share personal anecdotes or stories related to your songs. This helps create an emotional connection with your audience and offers insight into your music. Interaction: Encourage audience participation by asking them to sing along, clap, or respond to questions. This creates a sense of unity and involvement in your performance. Improvisation: Be open to spontaneity and let the energy of the moment guide you. This can lead to unique and memorable moments that set your performance apart. Stage setup: Pay attention to your stage setup, including lighting, props, and visuals. A well-designed stage can enhance your performance and create a more immersive experience for the audience. Wardrobe: Dress in a way that reflects your artistic identity and makes you feel comfortable and confident on stage. Your wardrobe should complement your performance and help you stand out. Monitor your energy level: Be aware of the energy you're projecting and adjust it to match the mood of your songs. For example, use more energetic movements for upbeat songs and a more subdued presence for slower, emotional pieces. Practice: Rehearse your performance, focusing not only on the music but also on your stage presence and audience interaction. The more comfortable you are on stage, the more natural and engaging your performance will be. By applying these tips to your live performances, you can improve your stage presence and create a more engaging and memorable experience for your audience.
Kevin M. Castaneda
Haven't tested it deep enough to see the difference just yet from 3 to 4.