Which is your most preferred platform to connect with a community of people?

Rucha Joshi
27 replies

Replies

Kapil Gadhire
In my experience, people on LinkedIn are more welcoming. As there's always an healthy give and take that happens :)
Rucha Joshi
@kapilgadhire Right. On Linkedin I tend to miss out on certain posts I would like to have seen they get buried very quickly.
Jake Gutstein
I asked a similar question the other day! Would love to hear what you think :)
Rucha Joshi
@jake_gutstein Oh I missed the discussion then. Personally I'd prefer twitter when it is someone I've never interacted with. But if I know the person from somewhere - Product hunt for instance, I would be happy to connect with them on Linkedin.
Jake Gutstein
@rucha_joshi8 That's great to know. I just joined the PH community but, thus far, it has seemed like an awesome place to meet people.
Harshit Beniwal
Discord communities of products embracing #buildinpublic are 🔥 I visit them every now and then, see and participate in a community of people (not just the team) coming together to build something together.
Rucha Joshi
@almost_designer I have not tried out discord communities so far. I'll check them out.
Molly O'Neill
The platform isn't as important as the on-line community itself. I've seen some good ones and really bad ones on all these platforms and many outside the "centralized" social platforms. It's all about how vibrant/valuable and managed they are in the platform that is hosting them.
Rucha Joshi
@molly_o_neill2 I agree. I hope more de-centralised platforms get adopted en masse.
Galia Ben David
I actually really like vibely for more community based communication!
Rucha Joshi
@galia_ben_david Yes, it has its perks, I love community based platforms for new ideas and connecting with a vast number of people. But sometimes it does hinder more focused 1-1 conversation though.
Misha Krunic
All of them work pretty well, it depends mostly on your approach and what you want to achieve with the community you're engaging/managing.
Rucha Joshi
@price2spy True. But what is your preference to connect 1-1 with people you know professionally or someone you met here on PH?
Misha Krunic
@rucha_joshi8 Honestly, I don't think I have a preference. I like to meet people regardless of the platform.
Donia Ahmed
I think what matters most is connecting and creating a free space to express oneself with out being afraid of judgement and this can be achievable on any of those platforms
David J. Kim
I would say LinkedIn only because it has more people. ProductHunt has a good community but the content does move slow sometimes (the default page you get is top posts by week).
Kira Leigh
LinkedIn is really nice and yet I can't quite tell you why it's been great to a weeby nerd like me. Solid people all around, as long as you avoid the obvious bad actors.
Rucha Joshi
@kiraieigh Yes! as long as you avoid the bad actors, that's an important one
The Coach Chris
I like Twitter for open community building. But I also want to use LinkedIn for the private community. I think a balance of both can be really useful.
The Coach Chris
@rucha_joshi8 LinkedIn has been a goldmine for connections. Now, I'm taking a different approach to building community.
Rucha Joshi
@thecoachchris_ Would love to hear more on your experience on Linkedin!