When was the last time you had a day off?

I can't remember because I am used to working every day. If not on client projects, so on mine.

Replies

Mikhail
aside from Christmas , back in July
Md Shariful Islam
My case is also the same. In 2023, I did not take a single day off. Even on the festival night, I worked because I was working on a mission to reach my goal. Continuing such a restless work life is not good at all. I will come to a balanced life at some point.
Business Marketing with Nika
@sharifulsohel Do you remember what type of work you did while being at that festival? It happened the same to me when I was at 3 conferences. It was outside of my country (one was a destination/holiday resort and I wasn't able to switch my mind off.)
Nitin Joshi
I am a marketer and I think we don't have anything such a day off. On weekend we are studying or learning monitoring our client business on weekend so we are never duty off 😀
@nitin_joshi 😂 I do not now if it is good or bad. And if you have international clients (in different time zones) you do not have free nights as well (sometimes). 😭🤣 You have to love it (and live it).
Nitin Joshi
@busmark_w_nika Actually, I'm not the kind of guy who loves to have fun on the weekends. I usually spend my time on my laptop or mobile, so I don't really have the typical weekend activities.
@nitin_joshi Oh, so no parties? No movie theater etc?
Nitin Joshi
@busmark_w_nika I have no such word in my dictionary 😀. In free time I watch movies on YT or scroll Instagram. In evening I go for walk and play badminton or anything like that.
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
After I started my own business, I am trying not to work on Sundays. I usually spend that time hiking, in climbing gym or somewhere else where I am not risking find myself near the laptop
@nadiaaesty How many hours per day do you dedicate to work when you work (outside Sundays?)What about holidays? (like Christmas, Easter etc?)
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
@busmark_w_nika depends. In average 5-8 hours I guess. Holidays are usually the same working days for me. What about you? :)
@nadiaaesty I would say that I work on my projects approximately 4 hours per day. The same amount for clients. It depends on the day and schedule I am preparing in advance. :-)
hardik bandhiya
It was during wedding on 4th to 6th feb. Tbh if I don't do something my entire day it feels like I'm going to left behind. That's why I'm always doing something.
Vincent Xu
It's impressive how dedicated you are to your work, Nika, but don't forget to recharge—taking a day off can sometimes lead to even greater creativity and productivity! Your passion is admirable, yet balance is key.
@cen_xu Yeah, definitely should have it on my mind. And I should exercise more (I used to dedicate more time to workouts). 😭
Darly Selby
last Wednesday
Coro
haven't taken a day off in three years. Still working on the product every single day :)
Coro
@busmark_w_nika its here (beta) 👉 storiny.com (https://producthunt.com/products...). It's a paywall free blogging platform for individuals and teams, and you can edit stories in real time, just like figma. I'm working on publications with custom domain support at the moment.
@zignis Who is the competition? It is completely free or do you have to pay any amount of fee to continue reading?
Coro
@busmark_w_nika medium and substack are the main competitors at the moment. the main site is free forever, but users can create their own blogs / publication on their own domain and ask for sponsorships. the content is never locked behind a paywall
Sophia Williams
Nika, it's impressive how dedicated you are to your work, juggling client projects and personal endeavors without a break. Remember though, taking time to recharge is crucial for creativity and productivity—don't forget to schedule some 'you' time!
Thomas
Yes, I am trying not work on sunday
Taking breaks is essential for maintaining productivity and overall well-being. The last time I had a day off was just last week. It was a much-needed opportunity to recharge, unwind, and spend quality time with friends and family. In today's fast-paced world, balancing work and leisure can be challenging, but it's crucial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Speaking of which, have you heard about AiToolsKit.ai? It's an invaluable resource for streamlining various tasks, from optimizing SEO strategies to enhancing writing skills, managing YouTube channels, and maximizing social media impact, all available for free. So, next time you plan your day off, consider leveraging these tools to make the most of your downtime while keeping your online presence thriving. https://producthunt.com/posts/ai...
Yannick
Probably 214 days ago.
@mho22 Do you want to hit 365 days? :-D
Anastasia Liamets
Such a great question – I don't even remember 😂
Damon Brooks
I was just talking about how I feel bad taking days off, but it's better for your mental health overall so I am blocking off time when I feel like I need it to myself without feeling bad about it
George Aleesu
Can't recall. Always having tasks and target to complete
@rhexai what work tasks do you have on schedule?
George Aleesu
@busmark_w_nika Lots buddy! I'm working on a side project, work as a marketer and also running a newsletter, so always having something on the table to complete
@rhexai Definitely can relate! Where is your newsletter available?
Brett Chalmers
It’s been a long time. Got people in my ear to do so. Lots of benefits of taking time away from the computer of course. One aspect of working in the business sector that I particularly appreciate is how attending social events doubles as a networking opportunity. This perspective encourages me to take those necessary breaks.
@brett_chalmers Can you recommend any good networking events or events you have attended recently? :-)
Brett Chalmers
@busmark_w_nika Hey Nika! I'm someone who prefers personal interactions, so much of it depends on where you're located. However, I've come to realize that any event can be a golden opportunity. Time and again, I've been pleasantly surprised by the connections I've made in the most unexpected places—people who have turned into valuable relationships when I least expected it.
@brett_chalmers You are right. I mostly cherish those interactions made at events (like real-life events, not online). But cannot say a bad word about those online as well because I was able to meet in-person with my virtual contacts. :-)
Brett Chalmers
@busmark_w_nika I guess i'm the one missing out! Let me shoot your question back at you. Can you recommend any good online networking events you have attended recently? Or perhaps any you have coming up!
@brett_chalmers TBH, not because I have random calls with people so the atmosphere is more cosy, and I prefer a small group of people or 1:1 :-D everything is incentivized by me or the other person.
Atticus Li
I can relate to this "I can't remember"... When I think about the idea of "Day Off," it is to have time to do what you always wanted to do. Whenever I have any free time, I work on Jobsolv. It's kind of what I want to do with my free time haha
@atticusli What are next steps with Jobsolv? :-)
Atticus Li
@busmark_w_nika We are launching on product hunt march 16th! https://try.jobsolv.com/waitlist/
Rehan Dr
Plz help me poor guy no money