What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?

This is the question from the book Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson. Short reading but good thoughts. How would you answer this question? :-)

Replies

Vivek Karna
I would probably do the same things I am doing today but really live and appreciate those moments more deeply. What I have realized is that happiness is not in doing X or Y or Z but doing anything with just with more love, care and compassion. Small things keeps you happy. Most of our life moments are ordinary but we are chasing extraordinary things to be happy and all the while living in misery!
ISTIAK AHMAD
If fear took a coffee break, I'd probably be doing backflips into the unknown! No fear, no limits, just a wild ride on the rollercoaster of possibilities. 😎 How about you?
Business Marketing with Nika
@istiakahmad Yeah, backflips also. :-D Actually, I used to exercise and never handled those flips :-D
Konstantin Bolsh
Marketing, though I am afraid that the UVP/message is too raw Start charging $, though I am afraid that the product is too raw Raising, though I am afraid that the traction is too raw I guess I will do it anyways. Even though I am afraid XD
Karl Baumgarten
I think a bit of fear is what keeps us going. Fear of running out of money, fear of losing a big deal, or fear of churning customers. I feel like as long as you can control the fear and it doesn't control you, you're good. So the honest answer for me would be: Doing the same things, but probably at a slower pace.
Rajesh Bhimani
@karl_baumgarten1 Absolutely! A little fear is like a friendly reminder to stay focused. As long as we channel it into motivation, we're on the right track! πŸš€πŸ’ͺ
Indu Thangamuthu
"Who moved my cheese " 😍 My fav book, indeed! I still try to get the answer to that question from the day I read it in college days. Funny fact is that, I feel I can do all, and say to myself all motivational stuffs after reading that book. Fast-forward 48 hrs from reading the book, a new fear sprouts 🀣 The list is long but to begin with, I just want to speak my mind.
@indu_thangamuthu It is time to read the book. Exactly, it is very motivational, I read it in 2 hours and was amazed that offers so many good thoughts.
Mansi Trivedi
A bit personal.. But I'll talk to my dad.
Martin Kristiansen
I have always been a cautious type of person. My parents have told me that when I was 3 years old, while my best friend at the time would climb up a tree without a second thought, I'd always make sure that I knew how to get down before following her. All this to say, I know that it's part of who I am and it's something I've always actively wanted to push myself on. Because I want to make sure that I live my life :) So, yeah, I'd probably do the same but maybe more of it. And faster with less thinking lol
Probably get eaten by a tiger or get killed big wave surfing. Fear isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's an inherent part of being human, and can be a guide regarding how we should conduct ourselves. But there are types of fear, like anxiety, that I work to control. Being worried about possible outcomes that are made up in my head doesn't help me. When I have perspective on anxiety I can use it to guide my choices - if I'm anxious about something it's an indication that I have to take some kind of action. I may need to have a difficult conversation, deal with a problem etc. Also one of the good things about PH is that it's kind-of exposure therapy for makers. Build things, share them, repeat.
@whelm_me yeah, I think that this PH community is so encouraging. That's why I spend here so much time! :-D
Jaspar Carmichael-Jack
I would travel to the furthest reaches of space, studying new planets and galaxies and delving into the mysteries of the cosmos. I would explore black holes, witness the birth and death of stars, and unravel the secrets of the universe's origin.
Nhi Ng.
@jasparcj Just sounds ambitious mate! Btw, I'm also curious about what kinds of stuff inside black hole :)))
Iqra Naseem
The question "Who Moved My Cheese?" from the book by Spencer Johnson encourages reflection on how individuals adapt to change. The answer could involve acknowledging change, embracing it as a natural part of life, and proactively seeking new opportunities or "cheese" in the face of shifting circumstances.
Alvaro Villalba Perez
I'd reply with irony. Something like "I'd start working out but I'm afraid I'll get ripped"
Rajesh Kandaswamy
Interesting question. To answer this, I had to first ask myself if I was afraid of anything. The answer was yes - afraid that enough people won't see our product, enough won't get value, our tech won't scale, and people won't be willing to pay or pay enough. But, when I think if I am not doing anything because I am afraid, I am not able to come up something quickly. But, this is worth thinking more about!
Rajesh Kandaswamy
@busmark_w_nika A food companion that easily helps you manage what you and get advice for better decisions. We use AI extensively in make a step-change difference in how customers can log the data and get advice.
Nick
That's a great question because I don't have a good answer 🀣 I already lost most of my fears from Army life, nothing causes fear and gets you over it like groups of individuals trying to kill you every day for a year straight. Probably adding a math based certification to my credentials, I hate math....so much...πŸ€£πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜
@reconcatlord Nick! πŸ˜€ Well, anytime I want to overcome my fears, I might consider joining the army. πŸ˜‚ Ouch, it must have been tough lessons. How long have you been in the army and when did you leave? Sounds interesting.
Nick
@busmark_w_nika I started as just a teenager, and did a full service tour, 20 years, and retired at an early age. I just got out little over 18 months ago and immediately applied to my University and now I have been a graduate student since then. I had gotten a dual bachelors degree before I left. So the benefits are great, but there were definitely some very tough times.
@reconcatlord So you started in the army right after high school? Wow.
Nick
@busmark_w_nika yeah but that's very normal for military recruits here, most are 17 to 25 yrs old and most only do 4 years service and then get out, I promised everyone I would only do 4 years......😬😬😬 It just turned out a bit differently 🀣 but it was still best and worst decision of my life lol
Nick
@busmark_w_nika eh maybe, I'll think about it once I can get past my graduate degrees which are draining me of life slowly lol, but I really do enjoy it.
I would have accomplished a lot more in life. But I also feel like I am where I am because I am supposed to be here. Through every decision, action and outcome comes experience and learning.
Nhi Ng.
@slimmy82 Get a slight frisson of excitement when I encounter the same thoughts around the internet, it always gain experience and learning.
Nhi Ng.
I'd wish to start earlier. I read this and Once upon a cow twice, great books I've ever read. I guess life has rules, it's not accidental that fear or problem happens to you, a bit of fear helps you gain growth in some ways or at least you have your inner winnerπŸ’ͺ