What was the best business advice you were ever given?

A marketer once told me: "Find someone who does it 10 times better than you, copy it, add your own stuff, and put it out there!" Maybe, he referred to the point of Austin Kleon's book: Steal Like An Artist. I highly recommend this book to every business owner, marketer, or anybody who liked to create. What best entrepreneurial advice have you received? Who told you?

Replies

Sonu
The best business advice I've ever received is to always prioritize building strong relationships and connections. Networking and nurturing professional relationships can open doors to new opportunities, collaborations, and invaluable insights that can help propel your business forward.
Business Marketing with Nika
@sonu_patna Yeah, I would also incorporate education and study for career growth and personal development. :-)
Max Prilutskiy
The best business advice I ever received was to "find someone who does it 10 times better than you, copy it, add your own stuff, and put it out there." This advice came from a marketer who recommended the book, if I remember correctly, Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon. I found this advice to be incredibly valuable because it encourages founders to learn from the successes of others, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. By studying the successes of others and incorporating those lessons into our own work, we can improve our chances of success and avoid making common mistakes. This advice has helped me to focus on delivering value to my customers and staying ahead.
Max Prilutskiy
@busmark_w_nika haha, yeah, seems like so! But on a serious note - I'm not surprised, the book is quite popular, and the advice is indeed valuable; for the ideation phase for sure.