What tasks are likely to performed by Humans even after GPT-10?

Ankur Singh
42 replies

Replies

Salman Ahmed
Tell a personal story and not lie.
Salman Ahmed
humans can create stories because they have real experiences. ML on the other hand does not. They can only lie about it. Sometimes humans are good at detecting lies.
Manindra
Physical tasks !
Ankur Singh
@kkumarkg Might not be true for the future updates of GPT
Sakshi Gahlawat
Physical tasks 😛
Matthew Ritchie
I think fact-checking and editing for style. You can only verify so much information online—that's why major publishers and publications hire fact-checkers to actually call people (although less of an issue in saas and other industries that intentionally use spin). Using AI to copy-edit text for grammatical issues is helpful. But style is often a personal choice that changes based on the audience. I think a lot of AI that tries to do it currently is too broad (professional, informal, academic, etc.) That said, if AI could start using data from stylebooks to understand different rules/reasons behind editing decisions and do so effectively, that could be a total game-changer. I just think it's harder to train AI to do that than black-and-white grammar checking, but I hope someone proves me wrong some day!
Samar Ali
Humans will still be needed to answer product hunt discussions in a meaningful and thoughtful way. Even with GPT-10, it is unlikely that a machine could provide the same level of insight and understanding as a human.
Bolanle Olaniyan
@samalyx I very much doubt that, even now, there are models that learn to talk and sound like the person they’ve been talking to the most. With the things GPT-4 can do now, we can only imagine what exciting feats the future holds.
Sanjay Joshi
Does anyone know about the movie 'Absolutely Anything'? I'm thinking about it, but not sure if anything interesting will happen.
Pascal Bovet
I was thinking about this for a while today, after we had a similar discussion yesterday. I'll post a longer article on this topic, but I think that in tasks that are novel and require experience humans will outperform AI.
Chris Messina
GPT10? You'd need to harness the power of the sun to power such an LLM.
Ankur Singh
@chrismessina AI might harness power 'Matrix' style!! Innovations in the hardware side should optimise the cost to run such models.
ALEXIA
So I cheated and asked chatGPT 4 your question verbatim. Here was the reply: While I am designed to be an advanced language model that can perform a variety of tasks, there are certain tasks that I am not capable of performing as well as humans. Here are some examples: Emotional support: While I can offer advice and suggestions, I do not have the ability to understand and empathize with human emotions in the same way that a human can. Physical tasks: As an AI language model, I am not able to perform physical tasks such as cooking, cleaning, or driving. Creative tasks: While I can assist with tasks such as writing or brainstorming, I do not have the same level of creativity and intuition as a human when it comes to generating new ideas. Personalized healthcare: While I can offer general health advice and information, I am not a substitute for personalized medical advice from a healthcare professional who can take into account an individual's unique medical history and circumstances. In summary, while I can perform many tasks and provide valuable assistance, there are certain tasks that require human capabilities and cannot be replaced by an AI language model like ChatGPT-10.
Ankur Singh
@alexia_georghiou Hopefully this is true but the current model doesn't know what GPT-10 is capable of.
ALEXIA
@singh_ankur yeah …I guess this is an example of the 10% hallucinating. It just went with what I asked and answered accordingly:)
Veit Josef Schneider
@alexia_georghiou If the bot would know enough about you (eg from your journaling) or have access to your medical history, those two could also be replaced.
ALEXIA
@veit_josef_schneider I wonder how much it covers so we won’t panic with the capabilities. I think you are right.
Shubham Tiwari
writing prompt by own
Kane
Launching soon!
Appreciation ability (the ability to make universal annotations).
Kane
Launching soon!
For example: Machines can create thousands of poems, but they cannot pick out the one that universally moves humans. Why are humans moved by a poem? I believe it comes from our ability to empathize, from our universal memories, experiences, and sympathy within our species. However, the growth process of artificial intelligence determines that it cannot experience the sufferings and joys that humans go through, cannot truly identify with humans, and cannot truly become human. I think this can be seen in many works of science fiction with philosophical implications.
Ankur Singh
@blueeon Bots already drive appreciation with likes, upvotes and comment. We might have already lost an ability to appreciate someone with words. letters, speaches and poems are a dying art.
Ondrej David
@blueeon @singh_ankur Dr. Larson was hurt when the audience concluded that his piece -- a simple, engaging form called a two-part invention -- was written by the computer. But he felt somewhat mollified when the listeners went on to decide that the invention composed by EMI (pronounced ''Emmy'') was genuine Bach. https://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/...
Kane
Launching soon!
@singh_ankur Yeah, you're right. But I think it's the machines using our human sense of taste. Machines can learn from past preferences (labeled data), but can they discover new trends and lead human taste?
Rishabh Patni
Understanding things that are constantly changing: Culture, human needs, creativity, emotions, etc. Even stuff like ethnographic research, sense-making, etc.
Paul Davis
anyone remember that bruce willis flick "Surrogates"
Sewell Stephens
Spending money and eating. ais dont eat
Stephen
It is like asking how will people get from A-B now we have invented the wheel. We will just get there faster and easier. Everything we have invented in the past has been to support human development. This is no different.
Brandon McQueen
Im still hopeful that AI is going to be an incredible assistant much more than it is just a replacement for most jobs. Some will be replaced no doubt but I think many more jobs will remain but be highly impacted by AI’s cooperation.