What's your preference: using Product Hunt through the app or the web version?

Viola Schoell
29 replies
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the app version πŸ˜‚

Replies

Ryan Gilbert
web 9 times out of 10.
Abdal Yousef
I prefer to use the web version on Laptop, because there are no missing features and I am more productive on laptop than on smartphone. The App does not seem to work exactly the same, but I actually use both of them at the same, becuase they have different Notifications πŸ˜‚
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@abdalyousef For me, it's pretty much the same. While I prefer the web version, I resort to the app when I'm away from home. However, I've noticed the app doesn't always function correctly, and I receive different notifications as well πŸ˜‚
Rohan Chaubey
I use both. When I am travelling I use the app. When I am at work, I use the web version. :)
Dan O'Malley
I prefer the web version because I like to set aside a certain amount of time for Product Hunt. This keeps me from spending too much time here.
Elena Tsemirava
Me too, I prefere the web one.
Paolo Go
This is a question that I actually wanted to write here too. I prefer the web version, and I always use it. But when I'm not in front of my laptop, I use the mobile app.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@access24 Sounds like we had a similar thought! :D I feel the same way, I also prefer the web version.
Sadath N
My personal preference is Laptop. Because of very little distraction.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@sadath_n Good point. I prefer the web version because it is much easier to use.
Kellie O Hara
WEB is defo better and i prefer the journey. The app doesn't provide the same bells and whistles (much like the majority of them). I only use the app if I'm on the go.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@thestartupwhisperer It's absolutely the same for me.
Saman Baloch
The choice between using the Product Hunt app or the web version often depends on individual preferences and convenience. The app may offer a more streamlined and mobile-friendly experience, while the web version may provide additional features or a larger interface. Users often choose based on their device, habits, and which platform aligns better with their browsing preferences.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@saman_baloch Definitely! It's all about personal preference and convenience. Whether it's the app or web version, users choose based on what aligns best with their browsing habits and device.
Karl Singleton
I utilize both platforms based on my location and situation. The app is convenient for me when I'm on the go, especially while traveling. However, when I'm at work, I prefer the web version for its features and the larger screen on my laptop.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@karl_singleton It makes perfect sense! I prefer the web version, but when I'm on the go, I also use the app and am happy to have the opportunity to use both.
Kira Ortega
I mostly use the PH app.
Kobe Hall
I prefer the web version.
Nafeel Jalaldeen
Web version for me. Because I use PH mostly from my laptop and I don't find any missing features that are on app but not in the web version. So why not?
Daniel Burns
I prefer the web version, but that's because I usually spend more time on my PC. So, I believe this is no different - it all comes down to personal preferences and habits.
Phil Meyer
I like the app version but some of the links do not work which isn’t ideal. But generally the app is smooth and buttery. Plus the app version also has the animation on the streak button πŸ‘which I enjoy for whatever reason πŸ˜‚
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@phil_meyer You're right, the animation on the streak button is pretty cool in the app version :D All in all, I still prefer the web version though :D
Aris Nakos
Prefer the desktop version. Most products I am interested in are tools I would use on a laptop. So, might as well use the right medium to begin with.