What role does color play in branding and social media graphics?

Merve Tarayıcı
31 replies
Color is one of the most recognizable elements of a brand's visual identity. Consistent use of color in logos, website design, and marketing materials helps create a strong and memorable brand image.

Replies

Kulsoom Awan
A very important role. There's a whole color psychology behind this
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
I agree with you! Color is basically a brands identity. You can associate certain colors with certain brands.
Color definitely gives a sense of association with a brand. In 2023, it's hard to make people read your brand's motto, vision, or even a simple tagline - Colors put a statement to your brand instantly!
Agnieszka Rybij
I also agree with what you said. Color can make your brand stand out and be memorized easier. If you do a good job everyone will associate certain color with your product/tool/company.
Debajit Sarkar
When you choose a color consider the purpose and format of your content, such as whether it is informative, persuasive, entertaining, or educational, and whether it is an image, video, text, or infographic. For example, using bright or contrasting colors can help you grab attention and create a sense of urgency or excitement, while using muted or harmonious colors can help you create a sense of calmness or professionalism
Prem Saini
I agree with you!
Aloukik Bhatnagar
Thing to follow the consistency in the visuals.
Philipp Shay
In my view, color is a vital aspect, and it involves a strong connection between the brand and its founder. Let me give you an example: I'm a lively person who enjoys juices and is drawn to vibrant colors like orange, yellow, green, and sometimes blue. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of black and grey colors. So, it's important for my brand, logo, pitch decks, and everything related to it to use bright colors. This way, I'll be in sync with my brand, and it will help me appear self-assured and passionate about my brand during presentations, sales, and fundraising efforts.
Sometimes colors can be crucial when we talk about brand recognition:) remember Cola, Starbucks or Tiffany&co
Vivienne Stricklands
Different colors evoke different emotions and associations. For example, blue is often associated with trust and professionalism, while red is associated with excitement and energy. Choose colors that reflect the personality of your brand and the message you want to communicate.v
Judith Amarachi 💙
You're right, Merve. I use blue on all my social media platforms, and many times people tell me that they got to know me because of my bright color.
Robert Mills
Color evokes emotions.
Yavuz Tunc Emran
couldn't agree more, color creates brand identity and evokes feelings, influences decisions, and impacts how people perceive and engage with your product
Dave-Anthony Smith
It's all about the emotions that are triggered when someone sees your branding. Does it make them joyful, sad, hesitant, excited. Colors speak to our emotions.
Kajal d4
I agree with you!
Matthew
When it comes down to a demo and it's between you and a competitor, many will pick based on instincts from look and feel.
Sofia Gertzen
True that. Color is also one of the toughest things to nail when creating a corporate identity in my opinion and experience as a designer. It needs to be as consistent as possible. However, as a founder of an agile startup I found it hard to keep everything consistent if every channel is evolving so fast. Also the color palette we initially envisioned was not flexible enough that's why are doing a redesign (the second one in the company history). That means you may need to adapt the colors every once in a while if you feel that it does not match the brand or does not allow you to create all the graphics.
Veer Abheek Singh Manhas
Color is definitely one of them. I find that it is really how you define your design language. Color would be the most dominant one but sometimes it is also balanced out by font, since you read most of the time. And any other time you see the same font, it does help with recall.
Nitheesh Seshadri
Color is an important aspect for brand identity.
Afiya Chohollo
Agree with regards to brand identity. Also have to consider accessibility and readability