What do you think about freemium model?

Anil Matcha
10 replies

Replies

Jordan Ellis
Personally I love it. As an app developer it allows users to demo your app and see the value of it, while also allowing you to gain traction with lots of downloads. I've tried selling my apps with a paid model, but they always perform better when I convert to freemium.
Hossein Yazdi
I always preferred freemium over the other pricing strategies, especially trials and I guess others are also like me :)
JD
Paid model vs freemium model: I believe both models have their advantages and disadvantages, depending on what kind of product or service is being offered. With a free-to-play game for example, offering users the option to pay real money can help monetize the experience while also giving players who are willing to invest more options and rewards. On the other hand, with certain types of software it might be better to offer an all-inclusive package that covers everything instead of charging customers separately for different features or levels. Ultimately I think both models can work.
Eden
I'm kind of torn about it. Not offering free options makes the quality of your customers better (they clearly find value you in your product). People who use a product for free don't seem to value it THAT much and can dilute your data in terms of what's important to work on. On a more technical note, freemium accounts can be abused my fraud accounts very easily so removing freemium also removes a lot of work engineering has to do to prevent fraud (e.g. SMS dumping, DDOS, etc)
Richard Gao
It all depends on what you're offering If you have a good free model and the benefits of the paid model are good enough compared to free, then it's more than better
Shubhangi
I prefer this model as an user I get to use the product and if I am convinced that the product is good enough I end up buying it and also once your product is solid you can have product led growth rather than spending too much in marketing
Rocco Denver
I think freemium model offers a basic version of a product or service that is available to users at no cost. This free version usually has limited features or functionality, serving as a teaser or introduction to the product. https://reminiapk.net/
Kristina Buyvich
As a user I want to try product for free, preferably without the need for an additional demo request. I am ready to switch to paid versions if I see value for myself. When it comes to projects and startups, it is about balance between paid/free and the overall economics
clark jenifer
a business model in which a company offers basic or limited features to users at no cost and then charges a premium for supplemental or advanced features. Regards: https://greenratcontrol.com/does...