What do you really think about working from home?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
34 replies
As someone who thinks that working from home has its pros and cons, I think that it can be great for the flexibility it offers, but it can also be challenging to stay motivated and maintain a work-life balance. On one hand, I appreciate the ability to set my own schedule and work in a comfortable environment, but on the other hand, it can be difficult to stay focused and avoid distractions. Overall, I think it depends on the individual and their specific work needs and preferences. So, what do you really think about working from home?

Replies

Naren Bhandary
I think people will have different answers because each has their own priority. For some, it means more time at home with their family - which they like. On the other side, a young professional may miss the activity and collaboration at the office. They don't mind the long commutes. For me, I work in a hybrid set up so I get the best of both worlds 👌
Karen Layrisse
I personally love WFH, but as you said, it depends on the individual. In my case, it's allowing me to spend more time with my family as I no longer commute, have a flexible shift, and work from diverse locations. Now, for keeping focused and avoiding distractions, I have accommodated one of the rooms at my house as an office, with a desk, an ergonomic chair, a whiteboard, and a view facing trees. Also, I occasionally attend IRL events, have a music playlist prepared for certain types of activities I need to complete, try to organize and plan my weekdays ahead to allocate laser-focus hours and share them with my family....and to avoid sedentarism or prevent mental blocks, I go for nature walks 2 times p/day. What about you? do you have routines that help you maintain a work-life balance?
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@karenlay Well, I have personal ways to try and maintain a work-life balance. One of them being not exceeding my time blocks. Let's say work finishes at 6. You won't find me working still at 6:01 :D
Gary Ramirez
working from home can offer benefits like increased productivity and flexibility, and with the rise of digital tools and technology, it's becoming more accessible and efficient than ever before.
Villan Johain
working from home can be great for flexibility, but it can also be challenging to maintain a work-life balance. Whether it's a good fit depends on the individual's work style and personal preferences. But about 3 years ago I create an e-commerce website about beauty and I launched products there and picking up product from the local market I deel everything from home but that was very difficult for me to handle it because i also have family and after i year when I am offend I create my office because I am not like a freelancer type of guy however it is on the person own opinion what suite hime better if you want to do work from home or work from office it up to you just start working and everything will be ok and fine with the time all the best 👍
Eleven
I think everything is nice as long as we are happy with it 😀
Vladimir Malyavko
Lunch is closer at home :)
Completely agree with you! Can't really decide between the two, so I prefer a hybrid setting! 😉
Being a team lead, I don't force my team to come to the office or not work remotely, as the company I work for offers a complete hybrid working model. However, I prefer all my team to be present in the office premises on the day we have important meetings or so to avoid any inconvenience of unwanted events happening with any member.
Aamir Virani
There's something to the buzz of working with folks around you that helps with motivation. It's hard when you're alone or in a Slack room.
Mei
I love it. It gives me the freedom to do what I want and create the life I want to lead. I can't imagine not have this flexibility.
Michael Cho
It's been amazing being able to see our small kids throughout the day Much more fun than the usual office chitchat 😬
Mahad Kamran
WFH doesn't quite work for me. I used to have my university online due to COVID, and it was just like having zero motivation to study/work. Depends on the individual though.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@mahadkamran I was the same when covid first happened but with time I've learned how to make it work.
GamerSeo
Most of our employees work from home and neither party is complaining. Neither us nor the employees.
MARY OKARETHE
Honestly? It's the best! I don't have to spend valuable time commuting.
Moeky
I quite enjoy it - it’s quiet and I get a lot of work done. The office feels too noisy and distracting now.
Candice Aime
The healthiest way to work (for me): more freedom, more focus and reduced emotional exhaustion.
Samuel ‎Mi
I got really used to it the past 3 years. It was hard going back to the office.