What do you love about working at a startup?

LisaKim
81 replies
I love the thrill. I love the ambiguity in what's going to happen next and the teamwork it takes to make what we want happen ❤️ What about you?

Replies

Ridia Chang
not having to report every single task for everything. always busy busy busy!
Business Marketing with Nika
For me, it is creating something new from the stretch, meeting new people, and sharing/transferring knowledge.
LisaKim
@busmark_w_nika I'm guessing you're a very creative person. I love all the creatives on my team, so lucky to have them!
Business Marketing with Nika
@mycelebs_elle Many people do not even if I am a more analytical or creative person. I always confuse them. 😅
Joanne Hurley
For me it's that no 2 days are the same. You don't just feel like you are a cog in the wheel and you get to see the results of your hard work pretty quickly. Also that you don't get trapped in a box, in early stage start-ups its all hands on deck.
Max Krasilov
I love the fact that at a startup, failure is not seen as a setback but rather as a stepping stone towards success. It's a culture of experimentation and learning from mistakes, and that's what keeps me going 🚀🤘
LisaKim
@jungle_explorer I love this, "It's a culture of experimentation and learning from mistakes" - BEAUTIFUL! 💘🙌🏻
For me it is having dynamic work days, no work days are the same, you are creating something from the scratch and watching it blossom is one of the most rewarding feelings.
LisaKim
@inesfenner Hey Sandra! Did you build Tira? Awesome product, there's definitely something blossoming on your side :)
Nitesh Chandel
I love the motivation to create something that might change the world in a way we haven't imagined before!
LisaKim
@nitesh_chandel1 Yeah, I also have dreams on how my team's technology could change the IoT industry.. Best wishes to the both of us! ❤️
Alexis Khvatov
Working at a startup is an incredibly exciting and rewarding experience. I love being part of a small team that works quickly, collaboratively, and with dedication to achieving our goals. Being in such a close-knit environment means that we can build trust, respect each other's skillset, and feel like a family. Additionally, the fast-paced atmosphere keeps my days varied and constantly stimulating as new projects are always on the horizon. Despite the long hours, I get an immense sense of pride when we finish projects successfully together or launch something important for our customers. It’s simply exhilarating to be part of something from the ground up and witness its growth first hand!
LisaKim
@alekswatch Oh my gosh, days are so fast-paced I can't believe it's already Wednesday! (from South Korea). 100% agreed with literally everything that you've said!
Mark Lamb
the pace, the excitement, and the team spirit to hitting huge goals with such limited resources, realising what is possible when you work as a team and are ambitious, hard working and crazy enough to believe you can achieve the lofty goals we are pursuing.
LisaKim
@highgroundio I wasn't in favor how limited resources were, but the more I work, the more I realize how limits stimulate creativity and productivity for the team!
Deniz Can Ilgın
The freedom that a startup's playground gives.
Sasha Krsmanovic
Finding a product-market fit; creating value that didn't exist before.
LisaKim
@sasha_krsmanovic Very interesting. What kind of values are you creating with your product? Just curious!!!
Eddie Forson
The insane growth you experience working on something that's hard but that you deeply believe in.
LisaKim
@ed_forson I see you're hard work is Launching soon, Eddie! We're also launching next week. Best of wishes to us 🙌🏻
Savan Vyas
I love that we get to be the guinea pig for all the new ideas the founders or sometimes I come up with, no matter how far-fetched or untested! It's always a fun challenge to see if I can make them work. :)
LisaKim
@savan_vyas1 Hey, Savan! I just checked out Photosonic AI from your profile page. You and your team was WAYY ahead of the game!! Props to you guys, huge respect! 🤟🤟
Greg Gotsis
the constant drive to just do betterv:)
LisaKim
@giga_greg Please don't forget to rest every now and then too! Must rejuvenate every once in a while.. ☺️
Simona Stamatovska
It's the vibes! Working with a small team of passionate people running towards the vision we all share, each having its own responsibility and autonomy that complete the puzzle on the long road. The warm culture of learn-to-fail, adapting quickly and moving fast is another way to love working at a startup ⚡
Satish Kumar
Every day dig a well and fetch water.
LisaKim
@satish_kumar23 I feel like I get it...but I kind of dont... Does this proverb mean "do your work everyday?"
Satish Kumar
@mycelebs_elle no I don't work everyday but for me working in a startup is like everyday or everyweek a new challenge is waiting for you and you have to work on it.
Azar Dunyaminoghlu
I love challanges ))
LisaKim
@azaroos Hey Azar, I just checked out your website. Are you building a travel insurance platform? I cannot read the language, sorry 😭
Azar Dunyaminoghlu
@mycelebs_elle You can change the language of the website to english or russian also. I will link below for you :) We drive online insurance platform that makes easier to get your insurance policies online as well. There you can find travel, auto, casco, medical and property insurance products. Link in eng: https://insure.az/en
LisaKim
@azaroos Ah! I wonder why I didn't see that! Thanks so much :) Easy access to travel insurance is something that I really support..!
Elias Fares
I've been working at startups for the past 7 years of all sizes - 20 employees to 120 - and I love the impact you have working there. Your work really shows and things move really fast. No need to wait around for approvals or hear "It's always been done this way"
LisaKim
@elifares Can't imagine a startup of 120 people.. wow! lol "it's always been done this way" is something I haven't heard working 4 years at a startup either, and I'm happy that I haven't ✌️✌️ Cheers!
Elias Fares
@mycelebs_elle Yeh, 120 and up starts to become a small size business right? Lol oops I meant that sentence is said in corporate companies which is one of the reasons I prefer working at a startup (or starting one too).
Stefan Glück
Fully agree. Also, I love the dedication and enthusiasm of those smart scientists. For me : hopefully bringing some cool and effective therapies to patients is very exciting
LisaKim
@stefanglu OMG, ARE YOU A THERAPIST?! I was in therapy for 5 months last year.. It changed the way I looked at myself, treated myself. And it changed my life! Your work is so valuable, I have so much respect for it ❤️ Nice to meet you.
Omid Mousavi
understanding and solving problems from A to Z, including both engineering and business aspects. it helps young engineers grow fast and learn a lot of skills
Cres Gallego
Have experience in at least 2 starting-up manufacturing plants. It's challenging yet rewarding after putting in the systems and the people. I am now looking for a start up to join.
LisaKim
@cres_gallego Nice to meet you Cres! It would be awesome if you linked your Linkedin on your profile, so I can keep you updated if any startup jobs come through my way :)
Cres Gallego
@mycelebs_elle Yay. Done. Anyway, find it here too. Just keep me updated. Thanks. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cres...