What do you do to restore your energy?

Katya Veremeichik
75 replies
I feel like my battery is sooo low today, as if the weekend never happened! What do you do to recharge? Maybe, you have some tips to share?

Replies

Leyla Aliyeva
Let the sunshine in, a few minutes of walking outside on a warm, clear day may enhance my mood, memory, and the ability to absorb new information. Going outside can even improve your self-esteem. If you absolutely can't get out, at least open the shades:))
Brenna Donoghue
I hear you! I just went for a walk in the sun and feel so much more ready to tackle the week! Hope you find an energy boost.
Martina Hackbartt
A walk, a cold shower and some coffee, in that order!
Katya Veremeichik
@martina_hackbartt cold shower! brrrrrr just thinking of it gave me goosebumps:)) I'm a spoiled warmth-loving creature. Like a lizard:))
Nicholas Kislinger
@martina_hackbartt @katyaveremeichik It's hard but I keep a freezer full of cold water and when I get in (like once a week) I feel much more AWAKE :) but still feels horrible lol
Samson Godstime Adarighofua
Relaxing while listing to music, that just hit the spot
Katya Veremeichik
@samora funny thing: my brain works very actively while listening to the music, that does not relax me at all for some reason.. I think I'm taking music too seriously:))
Samson Godstime Adarighofua
@katyaveremeichik lolz some blend of music does that to me but for relaxation I go old school to Celine and Westlife
Harlow
To get more energy, I mainly exercise (running, inline skating, swimming, ..) and make sure that I get enough sleep!
Gaurav Goyal
I do a 30-min yoga session. Helps a lot :)
Katya Veremeichik
@gauravgoyal_gg yoga seems to be a popular way to recharge yourself! I tried it, and really loved it, but I lack self discipline to do it regularly... Time to gain it I guess)
G. M. Mehdi
Take a break. Take a walk/stroll. Do something non-work related for a bit.
Jonathan Massabni
finding an easy 5 minutes task to get the ball rolling!
Martin
Hey @katyaveremeichik for me the best way is to have my self-time do some sports or go for a short hike, stop and have some coffee and just watch the people passing around on the street. No phone, no computer.
Katya Veremeichik
@molotowl_studio no phone or computer is a luxury a startup marketer can afford only in their sleep:))) jokes aside, great point.
Gleb Slonimskiy
sometimes you need just leave your room
Launching soon!
To recharge my energy, I either spend time alone to settle my thoughts or take a walk around the park. I adore plants and greenery; they boost my mood and energize me.
Katya Veremeichik
@qudsia_ali yeah, I get you) I grow tomatoes on my balcony and I just love spending time taking care of them
Naomi Chao
Play with a friend's dog. Humans drain my energy but I can't say the same for most dogs.
Katya Veremeichik
@naomichao dogs are awesome<3 Ironically, despite being a dog person, I have a cat:) but also works I guess)
Imtiyaz
Talking to and playing with my two adorable daughters (2 and 4) always helps me feel uplifted when I'm feeling down.
Madara
Nature always helps. Should be a walk in the park or a road trip to a remote place.
Sehrish Butt
i do 60 min yoga, it helps alot.
Nicholas Kislinger
I use sixty-second breathing activities, and that helps. I use a specific breath to help me recharge when I need to restore my energy. It's something the Navy SEALs are taught for when they need to recharge. Breathe in through your nose for four seconds, hold your breath for four seconds, breathe out through your mouth slowly for four seconds, and hold your breath for four seconds. Repeat. Set a timer for 60 seconds and give it a try next time your nervous system is fried!
Nicholas Kislinger
@katyaveremeichik Just to Double-Click on that...Here's a two-minute guide to the Recharge breath. https://youtu.be/1Idc41VwZtY
Paul (Riston)
meditate, running and daily 20 minute coffee with one friend
Anastasiia Kolimasova
I can do relate to being low on energy! Have you heard of a concept of a smart break vs “fake break” ? Smart breaks really help you recharge during the day versus fake break just let you switch to another task. This is a good article about it: https://intermountainhealthcare....
Mark Prutskiy
Do sport. It's make me feel fresh and 100% charged. Surfing is one of the best way for me.