What book created a turning point in your life?

Elizabeth Tishchenko
20 replies
Some books can have a profound impact on us and can change our views and lives. One of the examples is the "Foundation" by Isaak Asimov for Elon Musk which was a source of inspiration for him. What are yours?

Replies

Molly Chopps
Books have the incredible power to change our lives, but there is one that was a turning point in my life. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov was the one that opened the doors to the world of literature for me and inspired me to pursue a career in writing. I also started reading motivational texts, for example about purpose of life is helping others, I used https://samplius.com/free-essay-... for this. The wonderful combination of magic, philosophy and humor in this novel captured my imagination and showed me how words can transform reality. "The Master and Margarita" inspired me to study the art of writing and find my own voice in the world of words. She left an indelible mark on my heart and was a turning point in my life.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@molly_chopps suprisingly or not, at least few people in my suppounding pointed to this book as their favourite. I watched movies multiple times but still hasn't got to this read. I feel I'm missing out on an expectional read.
Mukhil Maran
Great discussion @elizabeth_tischencko . Honestly, I would say, I've never felt about any book as a turning point, but, I really got admired by this book called 'First, break all the rules' by Marcus buckingham and Curt Coffman. The book really is wonderful as it explains how to better employee satisfaction with the examples of real incidents how the best managers have tackled those situations.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@mukhil_maran sounds like a useful read. Will add it to my list! Problem solving especially when it comes to interpersonal relations is one of the most important skills to learn as an entrepreneur.
"Zero to one" by Peter Thiel affected my perspective in a positive way, would definelty recommend it 😊
mapname
power of now from Echart Tolle
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@diliara added to read later! What was about it that made an impact on you?
James Hallahan
@diliara this took me a long time to get through, but found it incredibly moving
James Hallahan
The Ride of a Lifetime - Bob Iger The incredible storytelling of a career forged through continuous growth, learning, and rising to the challenge. It lit an “entrepreneurial” fire within me - I re-read it every year.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@james_hallahan Sold. Will need to save a such read for times when doubts creep in, as it happens often to entrepreneurs.
Nauman Tariq
The main source of inspiration for me is my native language books, but the book I'm reading in English is well worth it, "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie.
George Apostolov
"You are not so smart" Nice book about psychology
Osric D'Souza
I would really recommend Ray Dalio - Principles. That did change my perspective on balancing life vs work. And creating those core values.
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
The Time Trap by Alec Mackenzie Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Dr. Richard Carlson