What are your tips to be motivated and productive all day long, while wfh as an early-stage founder?

william calvat
6 replies

Replies

Jeremy Nagel
Depends what gets in the way. For me as someone with ADHD, I can easily go down rabbitholes and get halfway through the afternoon without having accomplished much. What helps me with that is: 1. Do some exercise in the morning. This seems to fire up my brain and improves my focus. 2. Block distractions (I built focusbear.io to help with that) 3. Work with other people: I get a lot more done if I have other people working on the project with me.
william calvat
@jeremy_nazgul thanks for sharing this. I'm with you on the impact of exercising in the morning. Regarding working with people, that's for sure a good way for me to stay focused as well, however not always feasible (we're a 2 ppl founding team right now). I'll definitely take a look at focusbear, you caught my attention me on it.
Jeremy Nagel
Do you have budget to hire a VA to help? If not, Focus Mate could be a good option to try (let's you co-work with strangers).
Željko Prša
@jeremy_nazgul CC of my "solution". Just to add that it's important to realize when you are just spinning your wheels and take a break. Time blocking is something that is hugely underrated. It puts you on the spot which makes your focus sharp and you can quickly measure what you have produced in that time block. Also water and movement during the day :)