What are your key struggles with launching products?

Sveta Bay
53 replies
Hello Product Hunters 🧑 I plan to write an e-book about launching digital products πŸš€ Scope: from generating ideas and finding the niche to launching and growing the product. You can help me make it better by answering a simple question ⭐ What are your key struggles with launching products? πŸ‘€

Replies

Small distractions that surround every feature decision along the way. Tiny papercuts on the way to launch.
Mei
Building momentum around the initial launch and timing it.
Sustainability, finding users with purposeful feedback.
@tejaswini_gopalaswamy constantly seeking for user validation and juggling the launch at the same time
David Sarlos
Increasing conversions at each stage of the sales funnel
Laodis Menard
Marketing it when the ICP is not clear yet (horizontal plays)
Saileswar Mahakud
Hi, I am a product designer from India. Thanks for this question. I am a believer when it comes to: "if you build, will they come? NO". For me, building a distribution channel for commonly found products (example: a new to-do list app) right from Day1 is a struggle. I have felt this to be more than a product discovery problem for the larger audience. It would be really helpful if you could share your thoughts. Cheers!
Ken Mandroid
As a new marketer, I'm not sure if our team made enough effort during the pre-launch session. I'm uncertain if the results are good to go.
Morgan Kung
@ken_mandroid Don't worry Ken, we all started as a beginner. I have launched 3 products on PH, and each time I feel than easier the previous one. Currently, my tean is preparing for a coming launch at the end of May, and I found that we're significantly more managable and well-prepared with pre-launch marketing than previous times.
Issam Siddique
Launching the product in the right forums where the ICP will be available has been a challenge for me.
Richa Sharma
Here are some of my questions: - Is Product Hunt the only place? - How do you measure the success of a launch? What are the metrics to measure? - When should you launch a product? When is it ready? - Best practices - platforms, procedures, strategy, etc.
Luka Dimitrijević
I’d say that one struggle I have is considering If some platforms are sharing the same goal with mine. And that is providing users with good and correct information instead of only earning income.
Mohammad Elzahaby
I personally struggle with the growing part. Sometimes it becomes a demotivating factor and keeping working on a product that doesnt gain traction is really hard
Early momentum, early socials, early feedback, early everything πŸ™ƒ
Atharva Bondre
- Generating ideas: Many people struggle with coming up with a unique and viable product idea that fills a gap in the market. - Market research: Finding the right target audience and understanding their needs and preferences can be challenging. - Building the product: Creating a product that meets the needs of your target audience and is user-friendly can be time-consuming and challenging. - Marketing and promotion: Getting the word out about your product and reaching your target audience can be difficult, especially with so much competition in the digital space. - Monetization: Determining the right pricing strategy and finding the right revenue model that works for your product can be challenging. - Growth: Scaling your product and building a sustainable business can be challenging and requires careful planning and execution.
Calli
@atharva_bondre1 currently in the Market Research and Building the Product loop, there's continual feedback but at what point do we actually just go for it and say this is the product we're going for it?
Atharva Bondre
@calli_fuchigami Determining the right time to launch a product can be a tricky balancing act. On one hand, you want to make sure you have done enough research and testing to ensure that the product meets customer needs and is viable in the market. On the other hand, you don't want to spend too much time in the research and development phase, as this can delay the launch and allow competitors to beat you to the market. It's important to keep in mind that launching a product is not a one-time event. Once the product is out in the market, you can continue to receive feedback and make improvements based on that feedback. So, if you feel that you have done enough research to have a solid understanding of customer needs and have built a product that meets those needs, it may be time to launch. However, it's also important to have a plan in place for collecting feedback and making improvements after the launch. This could involve things like regular customer surveys, monitoring social media channels for feedback, or setting up a system for tracking customer complaints or issues. By continually iterating and improving the product based on customer feedback, you can ensure that it stays relevant and continues to meet customer needs over time.
Calli
Finding the right target market and aligning our branding to them
Shubhangi
getting attention around the product
Dani
Sourcing components as a little fish in a very big pond. When there is a component shortage, you have to pivot on what you use sometimes and try to make it work. So when to launch gets really dicey: should I go with these components? How many more can I get if this takes off? Can I trust this source or should I wait for the big players to replenish? I'm self funded so I can't throw my weight around like bigger players :P
In all my 0 to 1 experience so far, the toughest one has been - "Is this really the right problem to solve" question that is playing continuously at the back of your mind from Day 0 to the day when you are convinced that you have PMF.
Jeff Chou
Getting people to onboard a technically complex product!
Benni
To know where and when to launch! Can't wait four your e-book! i wish you great success Sveta.