What are the best marketing channels for indiehackers?

Anil Matcha
27 replies
Share your experiences

Replies

Charlie Guo
Reddit is good if you can find the right communities.
Anil Matcha
@charlierguo Any good communities you are aware of ?
Charlie Guo
@matcha_anil r/Entrepreneur, r/startups, r/smallbusiness, r/sideproject, r/imadethis but each subreddit has its own culture and posting guidelines so blind spamming won't work
Anil Matcha
For us producthunt has been a great channel bringing 3000+ users
Saul Fleischman
Twitter, hands down, Twitter. RiteKit: nearly 100% of our inbound visits that convert to customers come from Twitter. Why? You can include a tappable/clickable link in an organic (non paid, not an ad) Tweet. This cannot be done in Instagram, etc. HMU in Discord if you want to talk on specifics on things your team could be doing.
Saul Fleischman
@matcha_anil auto-generated Tweets made from content sources with auto-hashtagging, auto-emjojis and, the link in the post gets converted to a short link that can have your advertisement on top of the content. Ad could be text, image, or even a video. See https://twitter.com/Rite_Kit/sta... and the https://rite.link/jJfd in that Tweet. A huge plus is that rather than creating tons of content, I pull RSS, Youtube videos by tag or topic, Feedly (groups of RSS) and lots more, and when it's stuff that's right for our market, I advertise on it. This is done with the RiteKit Package. https://help.ritekit.com/en/arti...
Kyle Tummonds
I think the best things to start with are non-scalable. The scalable methods can come later on as you have substantial revenue to put towards those efforts. Joining podcasts, and talking one-on-one with potential customers on chats like Slack and Discord can be great, and also on forums like Reddit. There's a channel on Reddit for just about anything, so if you place a good pitch there, you will get some substantial views from your community. Also, of course, is ProductHunt. This is a place where early adaptors can discover new products. Hope that helps!
Kyle Tummonds
@matcha_anil Well if you are in the business of helping companies track their employees for example, then a subreddit that I've used is r/timetracking. It would really depend on your niche that you are targeting. I would thoroughly search the niche that you want to target and see how others post on the subreddit first.
Amal Abdullaev
Social media marketing can be a great way for indiehackers to get the word out about their products. Platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit can be used to connect with potential customers, build a following, and promote products. By sharing valuable content and engaging with followers, indiehackers can generate leads and establish themselves as thought leaders in their niche. Content marketing is another effective marketing channel for indiehackers. By creating high-quality content such as blog posts, videos, or podcasts, indiehackers can provide value to potential customers and establish themselves as experts in their field. This can attract new customers and help establish credibility. SEO is also a powerful marketing channel for indiehackers. By optimizing their website and content for relevant keywords and phrases, indiehackers can improve their visibility in search engines and attract organic traffic to their site. This can generate leads and establish credibility with potential customers. Finally, referral marketing can be an effective way for indiehackers to generate new leads. By incentivizing current customers to refer friends and colleagues to their product, indiehackers can tap into the power of word-of-mouth marketing and expand their reach.
Amal Abdullaev
@matcha_anil Content marketing can be an effective marketing channel for indiehackers because it allows them to showcase their expertise and knowledge in their niche. By creating high-quality content such as blog posts, videos, or podcasts, indiehackers can provide value to potential customers and establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry. One of the biggest advantages of content marketing is that it can generate leads and establish credibility over time. By consistently producing valuable content, indiehackers can attract new customers and build a loyal following. Additionally, content marketing can help improve search engine rankings and drive organic traffic to their website, which can result in even more leads and sales. Content marketing can also be a cost-effective marketing strategy for indiehackers since it doesn't necessarily require a significant budget. With the right tools and resources, indiehackers can produce high-quality content on their own or with the help of a small team.
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
Everyone has mentions everything, so I'll say Facebook... people underestimate this but there are many people still using it
Tornike Phkhovelishvili
Partnerships should be mentioned. It is hard initially as you don't have traction, but once you have at least some audience you can make barters with other makers.
Tornike Phkhovelishvili
@matcha_anil Honestly, it is a play of numbers. More outreach = higher chances. If you make sure that you are outreaching to correct partners and outreach message is OK, then all you need is just a bit of luck :)
Richard Gao
Just being very active on social media and promoting your product It has worked wonders for evoke-app.com
Anil Matcha
@saasdesigner Any strategies for growing on twitter ?
Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
@matcha_anil Ha, I'm still figuring out Twitter myself as I haven't spent a whole lot of time on it yet. One thing that's helped for sure though is engaging with other accounts and commenting on their tweets 👍
Manab Boruah
Substack, LinkedIn Newsletter, Product Hunt, Twitter.
Hello_Joy
Reddit, PH, Twitter