Twitter: To stay or go?

Brenna Donoghue
10 replies
With the hot mess that is Twitter right now, are you considering severing ties with the platform? What alternatives are you looking at? We're considering Mastodon as we're hearing from community members that they're going there, but we haven't started the process yet.

Replies

Kelly Storms
I love Mastodon, that is like my second best platform besides the Mind, there are so many to choose from, Would you like a list on just some of the ones that I have.
George Apostolov
Why would you consider leaving Twitter?
Brenna Donoghue
@gapostolov on a personal level, I struggle with supporting Elon and the way that he is managing Twitter. At a business level, we are hearing comments from some people within our audience that they are leaving Twitter for Mastodon because they don't want to support and add value for the platform.
George Apostolov
@brenna_donoghue I am not very familiar with Mastodon but it seems like it has its own servers seperated and thus creating multiple groups of small communities. I would say that it would probably definetely make sense to explore those Mastodon servers, but to leave twitter would be a little bit too early. I am not convinced that, what Elon is doing is bad. But we will see.
Brenna Donoghue
@richw do you feel like you need to diversify in case there is an exodus? I assume a lot of people may say they're leaving, much like what happened with Meta, but then lots quietly came back.
Anna
I'm just getting started on Twitter, please don't take it away))
Piotr Vanderer
Twitter by Musk. All will be changed
Brenna Donoghue
@piotr_vanderer That's what worries me. I know right now twitter traffic is quite high, as I think a lot of people are there for the train wreck, but I wonder what it will look like once the dust settles.