Product Launch: 8 ways to generate buzz on social media

Launching a new product on social can be a daunting task. How many posts? Which channels? Campaign messaging? Ad spend... 😱 ⁣ ⁣ One of the most important aspects here is generating buzz in the lead-up to the big reveal. So, here are eight great ways to do just that:⁣ ⁣ 1. Behind-the-scenes footage⁣ 2. Create a mystery⁣ 3. Run ads ⁣ 4. Influencers⁣ 5. Giveaways/contests ⁣ 6. Educational videos⁣ 7. Pre-orders⁣ 8. Make a calendar ⁣ ⁣

Replies

Shilpi Verma
Thanks for the tips, it will be helpful!
Konok Nazmul
Wow, these are some great tips for generating buzz on social media. However, I'm left with some questions. How do you determine which channels to use for your product launch? And what kind of messaging should you use for each channel? Also, how much ad spend should you allocate to your product launch? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Business Marketing with Nika
@konok_nazmul I usually used direct messaging on LinkedIn or WhatsApp. Budgeting depends on the product, the size of the company, and many other factors. If you hire a well-known product hunter, the amount can be much higher (some have one-hour consultations for approximately $800).
Konok Nazmul
@busmark_w_nika I'm developing a product and will launch it soon. Can you give me some tips and tricks? :P
@konok_nazmul You can outreach people in your contacts on social media (those personal ones). Many people underrate them. But they can truly upvote for you.
ShopVidz
🙌. Great tips, thanks for sharing! Do you have examples of "creating a mystery"? I love that idea and am curious on how you've used it in the past with success.
@shopvidz You can reveal that you have a special offer for people who upvote for the product and purchase it on the launch day. It can be a discount or anything else, for example, an invitation to some event.
Namrata Arya
These are great! thanks for putting them together for us. What social platforms work best in your experience?
@namrata_arya For me, it was LinkedIn a WhatsApp. :-)
Kunal Mehta
At Proapp, we understand the challenges of launching a new product. Thank you for sharing these great ways to generate buzz!