NEED FOR ADVICE πŸ”Ž How do you deal with stress before public speech?

Sandra Djajic
24 replies
Participating on TechChill 2024 and will speak about Klu.so! https://klu.so/ Let me know if you will be there as well, let's fight the stress together! :D

Replies

Nik Hazell
Have you tried a "Toastmasters" club, or equivalent? Very intimidating, but great practise!
Business Marketing with Nika
@nik_hazell aaaa, I was a part of it. I think that I took photos of some events because at that time I was a photographer. They had meetings and gave a piece of advice to every speaker. :) In our country are few clubs. :)
Nik Hazell
@busmark_w_nika Nice! I've only been to the club in Wellington, New Zealand - I usually live in the UK, and was only confident enough to go to Toastmasters when I KNEW I wouldn't bump in to anyone!
@busmark_w_nika @nik_hazell hahah I sort of feel you, Nik!
@nik_hazell Never tried, but since you recommend it, I might actually try it out, thank you for the recommendation!
I have one "luck". I do not see properly without my glasses. So I do not wear them and I can't see people's faces. πŸ˜€ Anyway, congratulations on your speech. And according to our calls and activity, you seem confident. I think you will do a great job. :-)
Abdal Yousef
@busmark_w_nika Haha, same here! πŸ˜… That's a good trick I use sometimes too. Makes the crowd a little less daunting, doesn't it?
@abdalyousef yeah, it sounds like ignoring them but it is a self-help when you want to create better conditions for the speech :D
Benard Ogutu
For me, I realized practicing a lot helps to keep my confidence up.
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Very simple. Go over the content 5 times with out notes right before you go live. your brain will be on autopilot when you present. you can even go off tangent, no stress. It will jump right back on track.
@sentry_co Thank you for the advice, Andre! I really do hope it will jump back on track though :DD IF this happens
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
@sandradjajic It will. If you have internalised your "script" for me it's being able to go over it 5 times in my head without notes. Practice practice practice. that's the whole secret to great talks.
Peter Hansen
Know what you'll say. Don't use a manuscript; use a mind map to keep you on track, and you'll do just fine. Rehearse your speech a couple of times before the great moment.
Jao Japitana
Practice makes a lot of difference not only with successfully delivering your speech but also with your confidence. πŸ‘Œ
shabahat ali
In my experience there is no solution to it apart from getting up there and getting started
AmazingSylvia
practice makes perfect.