Meetings: remote or in-office? Why?

Martina Hackbartt
12 replies
Hey, hunters! Although I highly appreciate in-person meetings (I feel more connected with the people, and ideas naturally flow), I prefer remote ones on a day-to-day basis. I feel like they are a lot more productive and resolutive! What about you? What do you think?

Replies

Kevin Kariappa
Prefer in-office meetings, considering that idea flow is much more effective and allows us to bond as people as well.
Sandra Idjoski
I like remote meetings because they allow me to work with people that otherwise would be too far to reach. In-person is great because of the personal connection, but the ability to connect with anyone anywhere is pretty amazing too.
Martina Hackbartt
@sandra_idjoski I absolutely agree! Virtuality allows, for example, international teams! And that's a very mind-opening experience :)
Ivan Ljubičić
I believe that remote meetings are much more focused. On site meetings have a lot of chit-chats, and there are a lot of people who consider that a waste of time.
G. M. Mehdi
It's the commute of in person and the limitation of distance that kills it for me. Otherwise I prefer in person over online anyday
Cem Bulut
I believe remote meetings are much more productive if your organization has the ideal meeting culture, that is, a pre-set and communicated agenda of the meeting, moderator and contributors who are aware of their roles and concrete & measurable output & tasks. Maybe sales pitches would be more efficient in-office.
Launching soon!
Our team is diversified, so most of the meetings are remote. And I have become quite comfortable in it.
Dany Chepenko
I enjoy having deep meetings onsite but feel the remote is a good fit for the daily or weekly syncs. The remote environment diminishes spontaneous collaboration, which can be magical. Ideas that spark from dropping by someone's desk or a casual chat can have surprising results.
Martina Hackbartt
@daniel_chepenko I absolutely agree with you! Maybe having a couple of relevant meetings in-person (like brainstormings and others that require ideas and creativity) and the regular ones remotely
Karolina
I personally like the idea of remote working so the same works here for me :) However, if a meeting can be an email, I definitely prefer to leave a message than be on meetings.
Tsz Hoi Lee
Love remote since I joined the new team! I'm building a remote work tool at Remotion, providing a remote experience that just feels like working side by side. Feel free to try it out!
Alexandre
Remote better more time and convenience