Meetings: remote or in-office? Why?

Martina Hackbartt
12 replies
Hey, hunters! Although I highly appreciate in-person meetings (I feel more connected with the people, and ideas naturally flow), I prefer remote ones on a day-to-day basis. I feel like they are a lot more productive and resolutive! What about you? What do you think?

Replies

G. M. Mehdi
It's the commute of in person and the limitation of distance that kills it for me. Otherwise I prefer in person over online anyday
Sandra Idjoski
I like remote meetings because they allow me to work with people that otherwise would be too far to reach. In-person is great because of the personal connection, but the ability to connect with anyone anywhere is pretty amazing too.
Martina Hackbartt
@sandra_idjoski I absolutely agree! Virtuality allows, for example, international teams! And that's a very mind-opening experience :)
Ivan Ljubičić
I believe that remote meetings are much more focused. On site meetings have a lot of chit-chats, and there are a lot of people who consider that a waste of time.
Cem Bulut
I believe remote meetings are much more productive if your organization has the ideal meeting culture, that is, a pre-set and communicated agenda of the meeting, moderator and contributors who are aware of their roles and concrete & measurable output & tasks. Maybe sales pitches would be more efficient in-office.
Launching soon!
Our team is diversified, so most of the meetings are remote. And I have become quite comfortable in it.
Dany Chepenko
I enjoy having deep meetings onsite but feel the remote is a good fit for the daily or weekly syncs. The remote environment diminishes spontaneous collaboration, which can be magical. Ideas that spark from dropping by someone's desk or a casual chat can have surprising results.
Martina Hackbartt
@daniel_chepenko I absolutely agree with you! Maybe having a couple of relevant meetings in-person (like brainstormings and others that require ideas and creativity) and the regular ones remotely
Karolina
I personally like the idea of remote working so the same works here for me :) However, if a meeting can be an email, I definitely prefer to leave a message than be on meetings.
Kevin Kariappa
Prefer in-office meetings, considering that idea flow is much more effective and allows us to bond as people as well.
Tsz Hoi Lee
Love remote since I joined the new team! I'm building a remote work tool at Remotion, providing a remote experience that just feels like working side by side. Feel free to try it out!
Alexandre
Remote better more time and convenience