🔥Luckily, our product (Picurious) won #2🔥 place in yesterday's launch. What did we do right?🔥

Rick Fan
101 replies
Hello everyone, After nearly three months of hard work, our product was launched yesterday and achieved #2 place, which was a huge surprise to us. We never thought we would reach such a result. To sum up, here are a few points to share: 1. Prepare as early as possible, speak up and vote in the PH community, make more friends. 2. Express as much goodwill as possible, help others, don't reject any friendly person, and provide value to others with your abilities as much as you can. 3. Start warming up among friends one or two weeks before the launch, promote product trials, accumulate some users as much as possible, collect their feedback, improve the product, and make these early users very satisfied. 4. On the day of the launch, push your friends to support as quickly as possible. You must get as high a ranking as possible within the first 4 hours, which will help attract a wave of neutral users. 5. Stay enthusiastic during the launch, reply to all comments as promptly as possible, reward excellent comments, and post them on social media. That's it, I believe effort will be rewarded. Also, our friends, could you spare a little time to write a review for our product? Any words will do, as long as you find it valuable. https://www.producthunt.com/prod... or just support for us? https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Carl Lager
Thank you so much for sharing all this, and amazing work with the launch!
Ruoxuan
Congratulations on this amazing achievement and thanks for sharing the tips! I'm sure people will benefit a lot from what you shared! Can't wait to see Picurious AI continuous success in the weekly and monthly tops!!!!
Rick Fan
@ruoxuan_gao Thank you, Ruoxuan, do you have any suggestions about our product?
Ruoxuan
@rick_fan Sorry for just replying now, as I really wanted to download it myself and provided real feedback!! After using all my free quires, I do have a few points which I'm not sure if it would be useful; 1. the UI is great and clear, but what about including an brief guide once the app is opened for the first time (spent 1 query on trying T_T) 2. been testing some AI productivity app or AI companion app, feel 3 queries are a bit less, especially when a follow up question is raised. 3. current biz model is IAP (in-app-purchase), any idea of putting IAA (in-app-action) to make the queries longer? Happy to discuss in detail :)
Rick Fan
@ruoxuan_gao Thank you so much, Ruoxuan, really glad you could provide us with such valuable feedback. About the tips: 1. We've noticed this issue but are still unsure about what to do. What feature do you find most confusing? 2. For those with this need, it indeed is so. However, we need to strike a balance between cost and user experience. For now, we still need more data to support decision-making. If the cost turns out to be acceptable later on, we can also increase the number of free items. 3. That's true, but we could consider IAA. Do you have any good suggestions?
Ruoxuan
@rick_fan Hi Rick, 1. not exactly confusing, love the UI a lot! it's just when you start with a brand new app, the navigation would take some time! That's why suggested for a user guide when first-open happened :) 2. understood your thoughts on balancing, especially when a new product is launched - actually you could acquire some users for testing the product, which you would also gain more user data as well! 3. there are mature service of IAA & IAP, Duolingo is a great example. For people who would pay for subscription, they will pay, otherwise, they could choose to watch the ads to continue the usage while you can also convert to value. Love this discussions, happy to continue it or even via a call!
Rick Fan
@ruoxuan_gao Thank you so much! Ruoxuan, we've already added each other as friends, so we can further connect on LinkedIn.
Ghulam Abbas
Congratulations!
Stack
Congrats, Rick, thanks for your sharing
Prem Saini
Congratulations on #2!!
Daniel Burns
Congratulations, this is a great achievement 🥳 And thank you for sharing!
Business Marketing with Nika
Congratulations! I think that to be in TOP 5 is a very good scenario! 🙌 What are your next goals/plans?
Rick Fan
@busmark_w_nika Thanks a lot, we have some other products launching next month, so let's keep getting ready.
Henry Habib
Nice! Congratulations!
Michael Shver
Congratulations on your absolutely deserved achievement! 💪🔥 And thank you for the amazing tips!
Nibha Gupta
Great work @rick_fan !It's great to see first time product creators, getting such a great reponse. My team is launching a new product next week, and we are also excited about the launch! These tips will be really helpful!
Ashna khan
Congratulations
Congrats ! Great work!!
Hossein Yazdi
Congrats on this great achievement Rick! Thank you also for sharing these tips, they were very helpful, especially for someone like me who's launching soon.
Ashutosh Pandey
Congrats and thanks for sharing the wisdom
Oleg Tagobitsky
Great result! I believe first of all you did a great product :)
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
Héricles
Congrats on the launch! 🚀