LinkedIn vs X (Twitter)? What works best for you?

Olena Bomko
46 replies
I have been using LinkedIn for 4 years (33K followers). Last year, I started using Twitter (3K followers). All inbound. What works best depends on your product and your audience. LinkedIn is the best for B2B. Twitter is the best for building in public B2C, and it works for cheap B2B, too. For my service business, LinkedIn works better. But my clients like that I use Twitter, too. For selling digital products, both platforms work well. Share your experience, please :) If we're not connected: My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olen... My Twitter: https://twitter.com/olenabomko

Replies

Aden Will
I like X more then linkedin.
Pablo Roig
@aden_will us too, any tips?
Ghulam Abbas
LinkedIn works best for me.
Wilfred Kasekende
@abbas143official Likewise LinkedIn is doing well for me too.
LinkedIn definitely great for B2B. And I've noticed some B2C brands doing great on LinkedIn too. Instagram is good for B2C and solopreneurs, and also for small B2B software product companies. Not much experience with Twitter, so can't say.
Laura Riehl
@vertikanigam I agree with you. I also don't have much experience on Twitter, LinkedIn is definitely best for B2B for me.
Adrian Oligarch
How do you get traction on IG @vertikanigam ? Seems like there is so much competition over there
@adrian_oligarch Reels and video stories do great on Instagram. Also, carousel posts with informative and bite size content. Since it's more of a visual platform, these catchy videos and pictures work great.
Business Marketing with Nika
In the last couple of weeks, I have more on X (Twitter) – the atmosphere is friendly, and people are closer to me.
@adrian_oligarch I have found there "closer" people and had calls with them. It is a relationship at a totally different level.
Pablo Roig
@busmark_w_nika we´re starting there, any tips with the first steps?
@pabloroigburgui are you gonna build personal or business account?
Sree
LinkedIn works best for me (B2B), but recently I started to delve into X. Building a following on X can certainly help with your reputation and show you have a good public image.
Julien Crepieux
Hi Olena, Thanks for sharing! Having developed APIs for both LinkedIn and Twitter, I’ve observed that LinkedIn consistently delivers better results for professional use cases, especially in data management and outreach. Many of our clients find LinkedIn’s API essential for automating workflows and efficiently managing professional contacts, leading to more impactful B2B engagements. Best,
Emily Willis
Hi Olena! Our users are both B2C & B2B but predominantly B2B. LinkedIn is definitely where it's at for our community.
Daniel Burns
I've tried both LinkedIn and X for a B2B, but LinkedIn works much better for me as well.
TheBigK
It's been just about 2 months on Twitter and ~1 week of being active on LinkedIn. The #buildinpublic seems to work really great on Twitter and I'm experimenting with different types of content on LinkedIn. I am planning to start building my business on LinkedIn.
Kate Ramakaieva
I love LinkedIn for many years already, recently I finally go the answer from the lead I contacted 7 years ago 😁
Julia Engelsmann
For me LinkedIn, but maybe because Twitter is not so common in general in Germany
Selina Danny
As a 9 to 5 job holder linkedin works for me.
Stefan Bader
LinkedIn works great as we're focusing on B2B and for building a network!
 E_Sheen
it seems that people are more likely to reply on LinkedIn?
Vaibhav
LinkedIn was working well for me initially but then the engagement there just dropped. With X, I have love-hate relationship now :/
Islam Akramov
LinkedIn works best for me. I think it helps to create more professional community who really interested in your product/process.
Huxley Jay
LinkedIn! People are serious to a matter and we know how to wish and comment in LinkedIn. I also use Twitter, now X, as to repost memes again and again.
Alex Bender
LinkedIn for networking, X for updates))))
Philippe Denier
I never really got the hang of X. LinkedIn works well for B2B, especially as I'm selling SalesTech.
Julian Wong
how do you use linkedin for your business?