Landing page essentials!? 🧐🤔

Mansi Trivedi
39 replies
I’ve come across a lot of landing pages since been working. Some good ones and some bad ones as well. What do you think are the most important essentials of a complete landing page??🤔

Replies

Rishal Hurbans
Clear value proposition and call to action.
Mansi Trivedi
@rishalhurbans What are your thoughts about the animations and images on the page???
Marvin Mändle
Good header and in Germany we say: one picture is showing more than 1000 words. So I think especially in tech nice visualization is key.
Mansi Trivedi
@marvin_maendle Absolutely! I think some people don't give any attention to the images and some people go super overboard with them. What are your thoughts about CTAs???
Marvin Mändle
@mansi_trivedi1 CTAs is also super important. But if you don't have a good header + text and nice visualization nobody will use it.
Business Marketing with Nika
Depending on the page. What do you want to showcase on the page? Service or is it a personal page? :-)
Mansi Trivedi
@busmark_w_nika Um let's say both. How would your ideas differ for both the situations??
Business Marketing with Nika
@mansi_trivedi1 I think that there are a few differences. The most crucial that comes to my mind: on the personal page you showcase your proficiency in certain services or skills. When you have a product (like a company page, you usually showcase features). It depends on the service. When I composed my personal page I went through many pages (also those of the companies or pages dedicated solely to the product). It was the exploring of my possibilities because I didn't have a clue what it should look like. So I mixed everything. Not the best strategy. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 The best option is to find someone who is the best in industry and (copy paste copy paste... not completely everything but you know what I mean) 😀
Mansi Trivedi
@busmark_w_nika I get it! A good copy paste can actually be a good strategy! Also, do share your page for inspo!
Krishna
I need to know what benefit the service is going to deliver in the shortest amount of time as possible. The rest of the internet is just one click away...
Mansi Trivedi
@kr1shnak Well said. Does that mean one should focus more on the Hero Section and make it attention grabbing???
Krishna
Short answer: yes. Longer answer: try to come up with a 1 phrase pitch that explains the benefit of your offering. Make it about the customer not about your offering.
Oxana
Clear & short message about product / service / company - what user need it covers. And clear СTA, ideally that all in Hero section
Mansi Trivedi
@oxana_ivanova Got it! What are your thoughts about FAQ section??
Oxana
@mansi_trivedi1 from my experience people go there if they got interested in product and didn’t find answers looking at the main info on the website. So this is really good part but not the number 1
Mason Davis
Key elements for a landing page: Clear headline, compelling visuals, concise message, strong call-to-action, easy navigation.
Mansi Trivedi
@maria_stephens Got it! Any thoughts on FAQ sections??
Maximo Hartliness
Important landing page elements include clear headline, compelling visuals, concise copy, prominent call-to-action, user-friendly design, and trust indicators like testimonials or guarantees.
Mansi Trivedi
@maximo_hartliness Got it! Any thoughts on FAQ sections??
Sean Ryan
Social proof goes a long way to boost conversion if you have any! Customer logos, customer stories of how your product solves their problem, or even just short testimonials of early users saying how awesome it is.
Mansi Trivedi
@seandotexe What about the new guys who are just starting out and don't have that kind of user base???? Is there a substitute for them? OR how should they move in that situation?
Rohan Chaubey
Social proof. Stack as much social proof as you can -- testimonials, case studies, media mentions, community, brands you have worked with, etc.
Mansi Trivedi
@rohanrecommends Social proof is important. But getting quality feedback in the initial days is kinda tough.... What do suggest to the people in the early stages who don't have much social proof to show???
Violetta Chernobuk
Your heading is the most crucial part. It should clearly explain the value of your product. I also think that less is more. So, the page should be easy to read and easy to get what you want to say, so that the site visitor is not lost in your content. One, of course, CTA should be clear and visible straight away.
Mansi Trivedi
@violetta_chernobuk So true! Less is more!! No body liked everything all happening at once when it comes to a landing page! What are your thoughts about CTAs??
Nishi Bhavsar
@mansi_trivedi1 I think it should have a CTA and should be mobile first. If you want to make one and do not have the coding skills, you can try Pagemaker (pagemaker.io).
Mansi Trivedi
@nishi_bhavsar Hmm will definitely check it out! What do you mean by mobile first???
Nishi Bhavsar
@mansi_trivedi1 Mobile-first design ensures that your landing page is optimized for the small screen, providing a better overall experience for mobile users. Because most of the time people will see the landing pages from their phone while surfing through internet over the phone.
If it can be described in 10 words, it's a perfect product. Otherwise, time to rethink!
Mansi Trivedi
@jiteshghanchi Cool strategy. I also read it somewhere that one should try to remove atleast one word everytime they read a copy.
Carl Lager
I would say a lot of stuff is changing here. There are tons of "Guidelines" in guides over the best converting landing pages but we usually see worse performance on following them. I would say: – Eye-cathing visuals – Mobile first design – Show rather than tell your message – Skip too many CTA's, users will find them if they really want it. More CTA's will make more people click, but at the end of the day they don't sign up
Mansi Trivedi
@carllager Love the insights. Any tips for "showing rather than telling your message''? PS. Just followed your launch! All the best! :D
Elan Anandhan
Your landing page is your passive sales person. So structure and approach your page in a way you would converse with someone when you meet in person. Anticipate the key questions your target audience would have and answer them. 1) Clearly articulate what you do 2) People always want to know what's in it for them - Communicate the value. 3) Obviously we all have objections - Handle it. 4) People have fear and assess risk - Mitigate it through establishing your credibility. 5) How much does it cost - Mention the pricing without being vague. 6) Ok, I heard you what I want to do next - Clear call to action.
Mansi Trivedi
@elan_anandhan Love the detailed version of this! Can you share a decent website with us for inspo??
Elan Anandhan
@mansi_trivedi1 Sure, there is a lot. But, please check Basecamp's and they broke all design and copywriting rules but still done a decent job. https://basecamp.com/