Is your content reaching the right people?

I know it's hard to cut throught the noise. That's why I crated 19 content marketing ideas that small to medium businesses can use right away. Let's have a look at them! 1. Define your brand story (and embed it in your content). 2. Convert your customer questions into content topics. 3. Attract more organic traffic with keyword and topic research. 4. Analyze your social media to continue conversations. 5. Collaborate with experts and influences. 6. Get inspiration from online forums. 7. Track news events and share your take. 8. Mirror social media trends beyond your bubble. 9. Make a video series answering customer queries. 10. Team up with non-competitive brands for content. 11. Conduct original research for unique content. 12. Interview thought leaders and fellows. 13. Share your own real-life experiences. 14. Tap into user-generated content (UGC). 15. Repurpose your high-performing content. 16. Talk about your story and employees. 17. Start a podcast. 18. Leverage the “People Also Ask” box on search engines. 19. Built out competitor comparison stages. PRO TIP: 20. Recommend good profiles to follow. 🙂

Replies

Josh Lee
Thanks for sharing a great list. We can instantly try out 2, 9, 18 as a bundled content strategy!
Business Marketing with Nika
@josh_swit Can you share your social media where you are about to share this content? :-)
Jake
Great list 🔥 Thanks ❤️‍🔥 I would add one thing. When you're small, don't try to overthink everything. When you're small you have to move fast. Small steps, lots of testing, but doing is the key to growth.
Naveed Rehman
This is killer! Thanks for sharing :)
Daxeel Soni
This is GOLD! Thanks for putting all these together.
Yemi Oyepeju
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Always dropping gems 💎, never disappoints. 😊 Re: #2, we anticipate some interesting questions from supporters on our launch day this Wednesday, 6th. What sort of engaging content could we turn them into? Re: #5, I plan to live-stream on the day for about 2 hours and I'm thinking of co-streaming with an influencer in the AI, social media growth hack or no-code space for about 30min so we could tap into their audience but haven't got any lead. Can you help with a lead or intro? Would be much appreciated.
@uxyemi Hello Yemi, have you already announced your livestream? Who is the influencer?
Yemi Oyepeju
@busmark_w_nika I plan to announce it from tomorrow. Tbh with you, I only have large influencers in mind now. People like Gary Vee, Marques (MKBHD) etc. I'm such a dreamer lol. But any plug with a micro influencer with 50K - 300K active audience base would be appreciated.
@uxyemi Keep going. I would recommend planning and announcing these events weeks in advance so every speaker can be prepared.
Kritarth Mittal
The most important one -> If you are just getting started, don't spend too much time thinking about what will be your niche, how will you get the most likes, etc. Just get started, learn from your best and worst performing posts. Get a beat of what people are interested in. Fail fast, fail better.
@kritarthmittal Kritarth, that is true! I used to think too much and I did nothing. I try to reduce this type of mentality. 🙂
Daria Sokolovskaya
Hi! Great tips! Could you please elaborate how starting a podcast can help you with reaching the right audience? Thanks✨
@daria_sokolovskaya Hello Daria, first, what is your podcast about?
Daria Sokolovskaya
@busmark_w_nika hello! No, I am not starting a podcast) You have mentioned that 'starting a podcast' #17 is a good content marketing idea. And I am just curious why is it so
@daria_sokolovskaya Well, you have still people who listen to Spotify podcasts during their commuting to work, or when they travel by flight. If you have enough listeners you can add sponsored mentions. For example, I am curious about behavioural economics. I found the podcast Freakonomics. Apart from that they discuss various studies and interview many people, and they reach many possible customers. (between breaks they mention their collaboration and sponsors) Something similar you can apply to your brand / company.
Daria Sokolovskaya
@busmark_w_nika Thank you very much! Now I understand what you meant. Because my first thought was that starting a podcast it is not logical if you're new and just started. In this situation, a podcast will only make your life harder😂
Joypal
Instead of making a list and move fast, go with product life cycle. I would bet these things get covered before you even stress out if you leave at least one of these.
ISTIAK AHMAD
Love this treasure trove of content ideas! From defining brand stories to riding the wave of social media trends, you've got the playbook for cutting through the noise. 💡 And that pro tip? Brilliant!
Kirill Grebenjukov
It's brilliant thank you, but it's look too hard for me as tech-founder...🤯 And I honestly don't even understand what are particular steps in few topics 😬 Could you recommend me something to read to bet better?
@kgrebenjukov Actually, RN, I don't read so many books on marketing but would recommend something from Seth Godin (for example, Purple Cow, This is Marketing, Tribes) or Austin Kleon (Steal like an artist). :-)
Violetta Chernobuk
Thanks for sharing this list! I'd add one thing to it. Describing use-cases based on your customer experience. We did it for our main product, set up interview sessions, discovered pains and how people improved their life with our app and then we made use-case stories.