Is launching for a 2nd time on PH worth it? Why?

Martina Hackbartt
14 replies
Hey there, hunters! At ReSkript, we're preparing a huge update with many changes and additions to our website. We are thinking of whether we should launch again on Product Hunt. What do you think? Have you ever launched more than once? What were your results? Have a great week ahead!

Replies

Irete Hamdani
I don't think I'd have the energy to go thru that again!
Tapos Ovi
We are planning also to re-launch with some major updates. I personally think it's worth it. Some products saw tremendous success with their re-launches. As long as you are coming back with the quality & values that will benefit the community, you must win the race. The rest depends on your luck. Let's try and see what happens! Good luck with your upcoming launch if you are planning for one.
Martina Hackbartt
@tapos_ovi Hi Tapos! Sounds about right, we'll try and see how it goes! Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts
Ivan Ljubičić
I am interested in this, mainly because I like to know if it is better, in this case, to invest that time in other channels of marketing and sales.
Martina Hackbartt
@ivan_ljubicic Hey Ivan! Quoting @fabian_maume "So you are allowed to relaunch after 6 months from the last one. So I think you still need to wait sometime. But I would definitely recommend you to go for it. Now that you have some audience from the 1st launch, you have a much better chance to finish in the top 5. That is what I did with QApop: First launch got to the 6th position Second launch got the 4th position"
Fabian Maume
So you are allowed to relaunch after 6 months from the last one. So I think you still need to wait sometime. But I would definitely recommend you to go for it. Now that you have some audience from the 1st launch, you have a much better chance to finish in the top 5. That is what I did with QApop: First launch got to the 6th position Second launch got the 4th position
Martina Hackbartt
@fabian_maume This was a very helpful answer, thank you Fabian! Will most definitely follow your advice :)
Nik Hazell
I'm planning a second launch - we got a lot of feedback from our first launch, and have built the BIGGEST missing aspect. Seems silly not to have another go!
Martina Hackbartt
@nik_hazell We are about to do the same! How did your first launch go?
Andrew James Bagby
I'd say absolutely. If you've made significant updates there's a whole new part of the community looking for your product.
Brenna Donoghue
Great question... I've been wondering the same!
Jasper Ruijs
It depends on how you do it. The launch is relatively easy. To get most of any launch, you need to reach out again to the audience who upvoted and commented. I am all for automation. Quality Producthunt accounts are linked to Twitter. So first, you use phantom buster to scrape the upvotes, and then you automate messages on Twitter. If you need a pro, I can refer you to an expert who has done multiple successful launches. In terms of automation, I can also walk you through that. Connect we me on LinkedIn if you want to have some help.