Is being busy the new status symbol?

Have you ever noticed how people say "I'm so busy" as if it were like a badge of honor? It's like we're all competing to be the busiest, but at what cost to our health and well-being? This is a dangerous way of thinking IMO and is toxic / a form of hustle culture. What are your thoughts?

Replies

Peter Hansen
"I'm so busy" has been a status symbol for many years, but I think it's going out of fashion - hopefully!
Igor Lysenko
I don’t know what kind of people think that β€œI’m so busy” is a status. But you can’t think like that, life is short and it will be sad to always be busy.
Hicham Elbaamrani (Hitchi)
@brenkinfa it depends on whats being busy means. Looks like the word "busy" is pejorative but someone can be busy doing stuff he loves/ likes rather that chilling on a beach and feeling he is wasting his time...
Juan Manuel Dato
In a correct regime we does not afraid to not being busy: do what you are able to do, and require just you need. It is like slavery, or murdering..., Human Rights, the meaning of Democracy or Civilization must get understood from young people. Offer yourself usually in what you are good, accept occasionally to sacrifize thinking in the reward... Our entire life cannot be proper of a martyr. If that formula is not working the problem is not you, is in the System.
Peter Fil
Absolutely! And the messengers which meant to make communication easier make it harder
JD Worcester
I see where you're coming from but I think the biggest flex is having a wide open calendar
Dani
If you're talking about the "I get up at 4am and get more done by noon than you do your entire day, and I don't stop work until midnight!" - I can see your point. For a while, because I was researching business in general, my YouTube feed started to look like this. Out of curiosity I clicked a couple that *seemed* to hold good information (which worsened my feed) and they included going to the gym and "meetings". Mostly meetings. With each other. Forget the noise and climb your hill but don't forget to enjoy the view.
Julian Wong
Definitely agree, sometimes we get too caught up ideating for our product, and it gets dangerous to be stressed out like that. Thankfully it paid off for today's launch πŸ˜”
Konrad S.
Well, it's a better status symbol than being rich
Phillip
I like Derek Sivers angle on 'being busy' - 'To me, it's a signal that someone's not in control of their life' _____ P.s. Clean Cuts* launched today! *a great/simple auto-censor - advanced transcription capabilities - easily export versions of video/audio Thank you for your consideration!
Evan Washington
In our busy world, many people think that being busy shows they are important. But real happiness comes from doing meaningful things, finding balance, and taking care of yourself, not just being busy all the time.
Gurkaran Singh
Absolutely, it's like we're in a race to see who can juggle the most tasks, but I'd rather optimize my life like code – efficient and bug-free, not just busy for the sake of it!