If you could use only 1 social media for the rest of your life, which would it be? 👀

Ekaterina Arbuzova
47 replies
Yes, you can pick only one and have to stay loyal 😄 No switching! I’d love to know your answers as we’re a community of tech lovers and startuppy folks who connect with each other and our users/customers on a number of platforms.

Replies

Gwyneth Rabena
Facebook! What I can do on Twitter, Instagram, or Tiktok can be done there. Plus Facebook's marketplace gives me the chance to buy from local shops.
Dávid Sipos
I would go with LinkedIn. I can learn so much from there and there is much valuable info while on Facebook it's more like entertaining.
Ekaterina Arbuzova
@david_sipos agree! It’s getting harder to separate valuable info from social media noise, the amount of content published daily is overwhelming!
Sule Gorgulu
Twitter, of course! Nothing can make me laugh harder than tweets!
Emiliano Vittoriosi
For me would be Twitter, for the way of communication
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
LinkedIn or Twitter. Any of them has their own charm.
Robert Haake
Twitter. Musk is draining the swamp and it's a good source of information and wisdom.
Hemant Warier
If I had to choose only one social media platform to use for the rest of my life, I would choose LinkedIn. While I love the community and connection that Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter provide, LinkedIn is the platform that has consistently helped me grow both personally and professionally. Since joining LinkedIn, I have made countless connections with professionals in my industry and have even landed job opportunities through the platform. I have also gained valuable knowledge and insights through the numerous articles and discussions on LinkedIn. In addition to its professional focus, LinkedIn also allows for personal branding and the ability to showcase my skills and accomplishments. It is a place where I can build my online presence and network with others in my field. Ultimately, LinkedIn is the social media platform that has had the biggest impact on my career and personal growth, and for that reason, it would be the one I would choose to use for the rest of my life.
Dave Tuck
I would say here, youtube. A lot of useful information possibly to find out there, learning. Different communities are formed there of interest. But the policy and blocking from the YouTube administration are far from always fair ... but nevertheless, still possible to use. And I wish supplement with a tool called top4smm for youtube promotion. There is also Telegram and Bastyon for specific purposes.
Talia Basma
I really enjoy Instagram the most, but have been getting the hang of LinkedIn so I'm not 100% sure. If I pick LinkedIn, I definitely wouldn't doom scroll the way I do on IG. But, for IG I have so many online friends from the book community that doesn't really exist on LinkedIn.
Kshitij Gupta
LinkedIn - Great insights from leaders, Career growth, and you can also talk to friends. Most people on product hunt will go with LinkedIn or Twitter. Anyone who goes with IG, FB, or Tiktok would most likely be because he/she earns from it. In terms of sheer added-value, these platforms are unlikely to win.
Rhymer Espinosa
Facebook since time immemorial. :D Twitter is the home of online prostit*#$@! especially in SE Asia.
Rhymer Espinosa
@katerina_arbuzova That's a reality in SE Asia. They usually advertise their Only Fans pages in twitter with a teaser of their immoral acts. For some reason Twitter does not really care about what is posted by whom.
Rakshitha Kamatam
I would say here, youtube. A lot of useful information possibly to find out there, learning. Different communities are formed there of interest.
Ekaterina Arbuzova
@rakshitha_kamatam I love YT to bits and pieces, but I didn't perceive it as a networking platform. For me, YT is more about discovering useful information ( and watching funny shorts, sometimes🙃)
Shon Paunan
I'd love to use LinkedIn for life if I can. Through vast and wide connections, I am learning, sharing and able to showcase my capabilities. Honestly, I am using that more often that Facebook now :)
Adham Dannaway
Previously Twitter, but I’m liking LinkedIn more these days 👍 Better engagement and more depth in design discussions.
Alex@epsifund
I’d say tweeter. It might be an unpopular view right now in light of what’s going on with this network but I’m sure things’ll get better soon! Every social network has its level of noise but tweeter gives you a unique opportunity to interact with lots of like-minded people at ease.
Paul Michaels
Reddit. It’s like exploring the world of information with a bunch friends.
Cedric
Reddit by far for community and knowledge sharing. There's too much self promotion on LinkedIn I feel - too many people posting not because they want to share but because they want to sell you something down the line. Twitter is ok, but it's extremely individualistic. Communities on reddit also seem to have a built in bs detector, which is super for filtering content.
Anastasia Blinova
Wow!!! Great!!! Have a good time! Congrats on the launch!!
Abid Unnisa
LinkedIn I think. But I wouldn’t mind not using any at all.
Ekaterina Arbuzova
@abid_unnisa I feel you. As a person who works with socials, sometimes I have bad days and wish they didn't exist 😂