I reached 25K on LinkedIn. 0 cold outreach. AMA.

Olena Bomko
85 replies

Replies

Swapratim Roy
Congratulations! Eventually it took less than a week since we last spoke. Great going!
Olena Bomko
@swapratim_roy @diana_akchura @mark_amouzgar @daniel_hunt4 @sergeipetrov @nareshmeetei @wajahat_aitoolskit Based on this discussion, I decided to launch my LinkedIn Inbound Playbook. If you're interested, here's a link to receive a notification: https://shorturl.at/qxBG5 Thank you!
Alexey Anshakov
Congratulations! Have you focused on developing a private brand strategy?
Olena Bomko
@alexey_anshakov Thank you! Yes :) But public. 1. I post useful content. 2. I engage with others. 3. I optimized my profile. 4. I'm consistent. I don't reach out to potential clients/customers. They do :)
Alexey Anshakov
@olenabomko sry, I meant personal branding. How much time did it take to transition from outbound to inbound?
Alexey Anshakov
@olenabomko You're my hero! I hate cold outreach. But how much time did it take for clients to start reaching out on their own?
Olena Bomko
@alexey_anshakov Thank you. I'm just consistent :) I started from zero 3 years ago. Frankly, it took 3-5 months of consistent posting/engaging.
Olena Bomko
@alexey_anshakov @judith_amarachi_ @ashna_s @johnson_wilson @pkpio @dimitri_khlopkov @elenat Based on this discussion, I decided to launch my LinkedIn Inbound Playbook. If you're interested, here's a link to receive a notification: https://shorturl.at/qxBG5 Thank you!
Judith Amarachi πŸ’™
Congratulations πŸŽ‰ How long did it take you to hit it and the best strategies you leveraged?
Olena Bomko
@judith_amarachi_ ❀️ 3 years Post interesting content and engage with others. Start with engaging :)
Ashna S
How did you go from 0 to 1k? What was your niche and content strategy?
Olena Bomko
@ashna_s Engaging with others. Trying to figure out what works for me. Marketing. I had 0 content strategy. However, I listened to my audience and analyzed what worked and why.
Congratulations Olena. I did the same for X/Twitter and right now at 31K.
Olena Bomko
@mehul_fanawala Very cool! Can you share your strategy/tactics, please. I just started on Twitter :)
@olenabomko, Sure. Here you go: 1. Be You 2. Authenticity 3. Consistency 4. Engage more by replying to meaningful replies 5. Jump on a call with people
Praveen Pendyala
Congratulations! How did you reach so many without cold outreach?
Olena Bomko
@pkpio 😊 1. I post useful content. 2. I engage with others. 3. I optimized my profile. 4. I'm consistent.
Barada Sahu
How long do you spend everyday today on posting ? How long did you spend everyday in the early days in building this audience?
Olena Bomko
@barada_sahu Frankly, I don't count. But I check LinkedIn (comment on posts and respond on DMs) very often. In the early days, I spent more time there.
Congratulations Olena πŸš€! How often do you post weekly? Thanks for your response, and have a great day πŸ™Œ.
Olena Bomko
@dimitri_khlopkov Mostly, 3-4. But can be 7. But you should engage every day.
Elena Tsemirava
oh, wow! such an achievement! how did you do that? Any tips?
Olena Bomko
@elenat Thank you! 1. I post useful content. 2. I engage with others. 3. I optimized my profile. 4. I'm consistent. Don't chase! Attract :)
Diana Akchurina
Congratulations! What topics did you cover in your posts?
Mark Amouzgar
Congratulations! πŸŽ‰ Any tips to share with us?
Stefan Pettersson
First - aswesome job getting to 25k! I assume having a lot of followers on LinkedIn is not the end-goal itself, but to use that reach to in the end get qualified leads that convert into actual sales? Or something similar. Have you been able to evaluate this? Perhaps from the perspective of a funnel - click-through rates leading to downloads, or even better, purchases? I have a few thousands of followers on LinkedIn, but they're all over the place. I doubt I would get any kind of conversion due to such wide demographic, not to mention half of them are only interested in their own self-promotion. Would be super-interesting to hear your learnings on how to avoid ending up with just vanity metrics, but actually monetize this.
Olena Bomko
@stpe All my clients are inbound + I sold about 140 copies of my Customer Research Report on LinkedIn. I know people who post selfies. I think this people have a lot of followers and 0 sales :)
Olena Bomko
@stpe I should do 3 main things to monetize LinkedIn: 1. Post valuable content for your target audience (mainly not about your product/services but about your industry). 2. Engage with your audience (leave comments, respond to comments). 3. Optimize your profile.
Daniel Hunt
How did you decide what kind of content to post about?
Olena Bomko
@daniel_hunt4 1. I listen to my audience. 2. Try different formats. 3. Analyze what works. 4. Repeat what works :)
Sergei Petrov
Cool! How much time per day did you spend on average to achieve this?
Olena Bomko
@sergeipetrov Frankly, I don't count. But I check LinkedIn (comment on posts and respond on DMs) very often. In the early days, I spent more time there.