How will AI impact the SEO world?

Fabian Maume
4 replies
As preparation for Otterly.ai launch I'm running a survey about AI impact on SEO: https://u9s0cax9rfw.typeform.com... I'm particularly interested in the following topic: - Do you expect people to shift from Google search to chatbot search? - How do you approach indexation in the language model? How to make chatGPT recommend your business?

Replies

Thomas Peham
My take: It it's not getting easier to catch organic traffic in the future from Google & Google SGE. Rather the opposite. But at the same time Google is basically saying: Optimize for "Experience" with the latest E-E-A-T Google Update, and if you do so, it potentially will also help gaining more views on LLMs.
Dev Donald
AI will help uncover not just high-volume keywords, but also understand search intent and related phrases, giving SEO a more holistic approach as compared to humans.
Fabian Maume
@dev_donald so you are expecting AI to mainly assist with the keyword research?
Robert Rotznig
Thanks for sharing Fabian! I believe AI will change how users search online (using AI answers for questions & prompts) and therefore it will also impact our SEO efforts. And because - right now - it's very hard to track / monitor how content & brands are outputted on LLMs, I created Otterly.AI and would love to hear from the community your thoughts & takes!