How to launch a product on Product Hunt the right way?

Ghulam Abbas
32 replies
Here are some tips for launching a product on Product Hunt Create a personal account Avoid using company names, logos, or branding to help maintain high-quality user discourse. Choose a memorable name Make sure your name is short, easy to remember, and unique. Write a tagline Clearly communicate what your product does. Write a concise description Highlight your product's unique features and benefits. Use high-quality visuals Use images and videos to showcase your product's features and benefits. Pick a launch date Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are usually the best days to launch, but competition is higher on these days than on weekends. Build excitement Let people know about your launch date before your launch. Create a video A 30-second video with text or subtitles is a great way to engage the community and explain your product. Analyze your product After your product is live, analyze how users are liking it and what improvements you can make.

Replies

Jake Tital
Passed off some great launching tips. What launch are you supporting next?
Clayton Walker
@jaketital I have gained some great Launch tips following your posts. How is RAFA doing post launch?
Jake Tital
@claytonwalker Thanks Clayton. Rafa went well. I was there to help with the go to market which we knocked it out of the park. There was another team that came in post launch to keep the momentum going .
Clayton Walker
@jaketital great to hear, excited to see what you bring to market next πŸ‘πŸ‘
Jake Tital
@claytonwalker im here moreso to support new projects or see how I can make partnerships happen. What are you working on?
Clayton Walker
@jaketital very nice of you to do that. We’re working on Respired.io - an AI-powered platform to help marketing teams cut through the high costs of social media engagement, offering powerful yet affordable tools to engage your audience more effectively. With Respire, you first generate a strategy based on your industry and goals, upload your media, generate post captions, and then automate multi-channel scheduling (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
Austin Armstrong
Great inputs you shared here. It's always a must to be prepared in any situation espeically for your launch.
Benny
Thanks for the insight, will have to revisit my product with this in mind! Cheers
Paolo Go
Very useful, thanks Ghulam!
Business Marketing with Nika
@abbas143official Good points! Appreciate bold formatting that makes stand out the key attributes. :)
Sarah Playford
Great insights, Thank you for sharing.
@ghulamabbas very informative, thanks for sharing!
Maurizio Isendoorn
Good points, I'll certainly keep them in mind for our launch!
Rully Ardiansyah
Wow, thank you for the sharing. I will implement this on my next launch~!
Rogelio Marmite
Thanks for this.... As a newbie on the site any ideas on how to use it more effectively are welcome!
Ryan Zhang
Launching a product on Product Hunt successfully hinges on building a strong community around your product beforehand and ensuring you're active on launch day to engage with every comment and question. It's equally important to have a clear, compelling product story that resonates with the Product Hunt audience.
Hannah Moowattin
Great Information, Thank you for sharing
Yana Berezniatska
Thank you for sharing. We're preparing for the launch of a CRM system for recruiters.
Philip Osei
thank you kindly for this.
Sev
Launching soon!
Thanks for putting this together, @abbas143official! I'm just getting started with product hunt, and this is a nice, clear, straightforward check list to follow as we prepare to set up our launch.
Gong Zijian
To launch a product on Product Hunt effectively, Ghulam, it's crucial to engage with the community early on by commenting on related posts and building anticipation. Also, ensure your product's presentation is polished, with clear, compelling visuals and a succinct description highlighting its unique value proposition.
Shikha Singh
Hi Ghulam, I compiled these points some time back- https://www.linkedin.com/posts/s... Hope this helps!!