If you had to choose one skill to master in 2024, what would it be and why? πŸ€”

Ghulam Abbas
195 replies

Replies

Julia Zakharova
Π‘2 Level of English) just so I can stop having a headache about it))))))
Maria
@julia_zakharova2 That's great. I also have a goal to reach C2 level. What's your level of English right now?
Julia Zakharova
@growth_mindset And here my English is divided into 2 English) the way I write and read, and the way I speak. I write and read at B1-B2. But when I speak, I immediately forget all the words and forms, and it's easier to say that I don't know at all than to say that I know))
@julia_zakharova2 any reason for taking the certification? I'm not native and have no idea about my level. But never thought to have a paper saying my actual level
Julia Zakharova
@alessio_mavica I don't really need a paper too. Maybe only as a visual proof of the progress I've made. I really want to be able to speak for life, free movement and my future interests.
Mansi Trivedi
Oh there are a lot of things!! But for naming one, I wanna learn to create webpages/landing pages.
Maria
@mansi_trivedi1 That's a great goal. I learned Python, CSS, Bootstrap for creating webpages by doing. And I recommend learning it by doing.
@mansi_trivedi1 I need to improve my speaking in english, so if you are interested, i can teach you for free :)
Mansi Trivedi
@mattcaine Wow really?? How would that work???
@mansi_trivedi1 simple... just make a call via meet.google and i tell you what and how... I already teach one guy how to make sites in my free time... Just one condition. You would have to tolerate my broken english :)
Ashley from Shadow
If we're talking superpowers, the ability to remember at command like a database! In terms of skills, I feel like video editing is something that is useful in gaining a more creative eye :)
Julia Zakharova
@ashley_from_shadow Cool! Last year, I started learning video editing too. I even started blogging on YouTube.
Michael Gammon
Networking and go to market Ghulam. We're doing really well on our launch today -this is our final push – please support us if you haven't already done so, thank you! πŸš€ πŸ˜€:
Sambit Bhaumik
There are quite a few, but if I had to choose one it would be to finally master Git!
@sambit_bhaumik Git can be VERY complex (e.g. objects). 99% of people can use the basic commands. Any reason to go so deep?
AwesomeYang
Focus on doing one thing and exercising, because it's basic for life, and staying focused can do anything. Exercise because the body comes first
Alvaro Villalba Perez
B2 of German, Senior Data Engineering (I love languages and would love to become an expert in data)
Kalesche Trevelson
@alvarovillalb_ As a Deutschkurs attendee I sympathise
Diksha Patro B
Sales. Helps me sell my other skills, expertise and products.
Launching soon!
I want to learn AI
Pablo Roig
Sounds quite impossible, taking in account I haven't started yet, but I would choose coding
@pabloroig_clous @getsharp_au Pablo, what kind of coding? Frontend, backend, mobile... what's your goal? No-code tools is not coding LOL
Murat ⚑
@pabloroig_clous @alessio_mavica I'm here to make and launch indie products quickly to see if my ideas has legs. You probably want to do something similar. Ship an MVP. Validate your hypothesis. Learning to code without CS background is a whole different ball game. You could spend 5 years learning front end, back end, database architecture, algorithms, security... Just to launch a basic web app. A product no one may ever use. or, you could spend $15k for a bootcamp to compress that time in 6-12 months. or you could design and ship an MVP in 4-weeks with no-code. Which options sounds more fun and less frustrating? What's your goal? Launch a product, make something valuable, get real paying customers? Or, just learn coding for its own sake? Code is a means to an end. Why not start with no-code, and ship products as fast as possible. From there, you can start building low-code skills. And over time, with Ai co-pilots, you might become full stack dev if you really want to.
Sophia Williams
In 2024, I'd choose to master emotional intelligence because it's the bedrock of effective communication and leadership, essential in an increasingly automated world where human connections make the difference. It's not just about understanding others; it's about better self-awareness and control, which are invaluable in both personal and professional spheres.
@sophiawms, that's a life long journey! Awareness is the first step towards mastery... are you taking the next?
Elisa Tamburini
In 2024, i guess that the best skill to master in general is to perfect the use of AI. On a personal level, I would like to improve my knowledge of the English language - as it is not my first language - to be able to consequently boost my results at work and in my personal projects
Marina
AI learning would be among my professional skills to master in 2024. It will definitely continue to conquer the world for the nearby future.
@marina_bau AI... like low-level? Or using chatGPT & co.?
Marina
@alessio_mavica by now i'm not planning to go to low-level learning, due to lack of capacity, more to explore and excellence AI tools already available on the market and implement them into everyday's routine to improve personal and team's efficiency.
Yannick
3D Modelling. This is something I would want to master since I am 8 years old.
Heli
If I had to choose one skill to master in 2024, it would be living and working in an AI-native way. This involves leveraging advanced AI tools like searching with perplexity, utilizing Arc search for efficient browsing, composing with ChatGPT, and organizing thoughts and information using MindOS. Embracing this skill is crucial as it enhances productivity, creativity, and decision-making in a world increasingly integrated with AI technology.
Avital Trifsik
SEO for me! so much to learn and practice in this dynamic field
Digital Agency
In 2024, mastering effective communication is paramount. Just as an SEO Expert in Dubai navigates the digital landscape, clear communication is the key to unlocking opportunities and success.
Luis Rieke
Launching soon!
I'm at the point where I'd say I'm really good in building products or enabling dev teams to do so. But to market these cool things we build is a thing I would like to learn as soon as possible.
@luisrieke Do you have any technical background? Or as a "product owner"?
Luis Rieke
Launching soon!
@alessio_mavica yeah, was working a few years as a developer and now as a Product Owner. But I still do programming by side.
Russ Halilov
Content Writing
@russ_halilov @kalesche @farhan_j_ content is so important! From writing interesting things for humans to choosing the right form for SEO. I would love to master it too!
Russ Halilov
@kalesche @farhan_j_ @alessio_mavica that's why we are currently looking for a full-time content writer for our blog. I'll continue writing posts for IH/PH/LI/Twitter. Don't think I can outsource it yet.