How to get the first 100 users in the early stage of the product?

APITable
11 replies

Replies

Guhan Sundar
(More in a B2B context) Start with 1. Learn about all the ways they use your product and see how you can repeat the value delivered to more than 1 user. Repeat, refine, and race to a 100.
Andrew Glenn
@guhan_sundar1 yep, and if you're the product creator, need to sell, sell, sell. Or, remember your ABCs and AIDA: A, B, C. A - Always, B - Be, C - Closing. Always be closing. A - I - D - A: Attention, Interest, Decision, Action.
APITable
@guhan_sundar1 Thank you. I want to ask, what is the most efficient way to understand how they use the product?
Guhan Sundar
@aurora_luo Set up time with them, have them share their screen as they use your product and understand how they use the product, which button they click, where they are facing difficulties, how do they resolve any question(support/docs/google search), etc. This can be done in any stage. Whether your product is in Alpha, Beta, or general availability. This is one way to do UX research and it can give you valuable insights. You could offer them free product credits/amazon vouchers in exchange for their time.
Matthew Johnson
It depends on the product. What we did was spend time in communities where our target audience hangs out (like Product Hunt), and posted useful stuff in those communities related to the problem we solved (not hard selling our product). That's how we got the first 100ish users.
APITable
@mattcrail Thx!And which platforms do you think are the most effective for SaaS products?
Aleks Dahlberg
Start with one, understand why they want it, who they are and why it solves their pains - which give you an ICP (Initial customer profile). Once you have that target that audience and adapt/repeat.
APITable
Hey guys!!! Now, we are recruiting testers to do User Testing, if you are interested, feel free to contact me at aurora@apitable.com
Ansh Sdhana
Hi there, Here's something you can do, I believe you have a good idea of who your target audience is and what they need. Now what you need is a comprehensive emailing plan and must also hire good copywriters who are capable of building hype and can influence people into taking action. Then, in order to find prospect intelligence I recommend using a tool called Aeroleads, 've been using this one for a long time and have been able to generate great leads through it. It is basically a chrome extension, whenever you search for prospects on LinkedIn, a window pops up showing the contact details of all the people in your search results. Then you can choose the ones that are likely to turn into customers and the tool will automatically build a list of those chosen contacts. They have a database of over 650 million people on LinkedIn, that's why I trust this one more than others. You can either handpick the prospects you want to target by yourself or hire a smart intern to do it for you.