how many of you take notes during any type of meetings

Ramandeep Sharma
18 replies
how often you take note? is there any app you use to take note and document what discussed during the call.

Replies

Sai K
I take the notes on a note pad or a doc. My notes will have summary of conversation in 3 to 5 bullet points and action items wit due dates. But now wait room automatically does that I guess.
Not anymore, there are many speech-to-text apps where we combine with ChatGPT similar tools to create action items, summarize key points, schedule the next meetings, or whatever else is needed.
Ramandeep Sharma
@canberk_ars thanks for sharing.....can you also share which apps/tools you are enjoying most for this ?
Dexter Awoyemi
I take notes as often as possible and usually in the same software. It helps me keep my brain engaged.
Ramandeep Sharma
@dextersjab i am also looking for some app or software to make it easier for me .....it will be really helpful if you could recommend something
Dexter Awoyemi
@ramandeep_sharma1 I use PKMs like Roam and Obsidian. Many others use Notion for that kind of thing too. I believe the tool isn't as important as consistency.
I use a mind-mapping app like MindMeister or figma Jam to visually capture meeting discussions and ideas in real-time. It allows for collaboration and easy organization of thoughts.
Ramandeep Sharma
@realvladgolub thanks for sharing......Figjam use sounds exciting & creative.....would love to have sneak peak of the figjam file if you could show ๐Ÿ˜…
@ramandeep_sharma1 I don't have a template, but my maps look like this: https://www.figma.com/community/...
I have been using Wudpecker recently and im loving it ๐Ÿ˜Š
Melissa Phillips
Guilty as charged. I'm a compulsive note-taker, digital and analog. Honestly, it helps me retain information and track action points. Google Keep and Evernote are my go-tos for digital notes, and I still love a good old notebook for the tactile feel.
Ramandeep Sharma
@meli_phil_45 it's really great....i think it's more important to capture the important items from the call irrespective of the method ๐Ÿ™Œ
Stephen Walker
Notes or no notes, the key is staying engaged in the meeting. Just my approach, though. Everyone's mileage may vary.
Ramandeep Sharma
@stewalker007 agree with you.....any hacks you would like to share to stay engage in long meetings?
Andrรฉ J
Launching soon!
I dont do meetings. Mentor calls only :D