How long do you wait for a website to load?

Fabian Maume
29 replies
As I'm hunting a tool to speed up website loading speed today , I'm curious to know: how long are you waiting for a website to load?

Replies

Madeleine Nichols
think we're all conditioned to want a website to load ASAP! I know I find it offputting to be presented with the loading wheel 😅
Wiktoria Jaszcza
Usually about a second, I guess.
Arpan
Usually 3-4 sec ig!
Terry Jones
Anything beyond 3 seconds and I'm probably bouncing.
Nancy Powell
In today's world, anything more than a couple of seconds feels like an eternity. Google's page speed insights can be a lifesaver.
Savannah Scott
the generally recommended loading time for a website is around 2 to 3 seconds.
Adan Della-Vecchia
This might be an unusual one but i see it with myself and a lot of people, people tend to wait longer when there is a loading bar displayed. For example fir there's just a turning circle with no indication of progress i leave after 2-3 secs, but i tend to wait longer when i see a loading bar that displays the process how do you guys feel about that?
Victor Adams
Usually I wait for about a second.
1-2 seconds preferably. Max 5 sec.
Patrick Cook
Maybe 1-2 seconds after that I try to refresh it again.
Max Yamp
I'm embarrassed to say more than 1 second. After 0.1 seconds I feel like I'm getting played lol.
Filip Ognjanovic
It really varies on how much I am interested in visiting a particular website, but I would say 4-5 seconds in general.
Christian Seo Star
Somewhere between 1 and 2 seconds. Everything above 2 seconds it feels already as you've been waiting for too long.
Thaha
Depends on the website I guess. Most sites I know so I am okay to wait. I only skip if I am googling something and it takes me to a new website which is slow.
Max Krasilov
Can wait a minute if there are heaps of memes.
Julien Fayad
Usually the cutoff time is 2 seconds and everybody tries to stay under that threshold. In reality if you can stay under 1 second you'll be beating most of your competitors. But here we are talking overall load, which means the page was received by the server, the browser rendered it and it started display the content (text with fonts, images, styles etc..) For this to happen in under 1s, assuming your assets are optimized, your server need to respond in less than 0.2s to give time for assets to load.
Rotimi Best
I can wait for up to a minute if I really want to see the content of the page