How do you get back on track? šŸ©¹ā³

Marina Đurić
42 replies
How do you get back in the grind or on track with work if you fall off? Things happen all that time and deteriorate us from the main goal that we are headed. Usually, these are more minor things that make us lose focus for a few hours or days, but nothing changes your day drastically until it does. I had a family emergency, and I tried to work through it, and it would leave me to sit in front of the screen and look at it for hours and not be able to do anything. The guilt was tremendous, and the days just kept piling on. I'm beyond grateful to have such a wonderful, supportive, and understanding team through these challenging times. Everything is alright now as I'm trying to get back into a routine, so I'm looking for advice. ā“Has anything similar put you out of balance, and how did you get back on track?

Replies

Marlene Koh
When my mind gets restless and starts to wander sometimes it works to listen to ADHD focus music like this one :
Marina Đurić
@finclout I also find it helpful to listen to focus, lofi and piano music to get me in the work flow. Great advice!
I try and create space to get back into the routine...
Marina Đurić
@maxwellcdavis Space as in clearing up the working space or other?
Gurpinder Singh
Sometimes when you don't feel like working on something, take a break! It really helps your mind to relax and stay calm. It can be a 30 minutes break or even 2 days break. That's simply up to you, how you feel like. And when you're done with your break and think its right time to start working all over again, only then you should be doing it.
Marina Đurić
@gurpinder_singh I couldn't agree more, it's really important to listen to your own needs and take a break. Tho it's hard sometimes to fully enjoy a break when you're constantly thinking of what has to be done.
Gurpinder Singh
@marina_djuric Yeah! You need to put yourself on the top, other things will only work well if you are in a good mood or having a good health.
Bilal Anwar
Talk to someone you trust about your trauma. Opening your heart makes you feel lighter, and you can recover faster.
Marina Đurić
@bilal_anwar1 Asking for help and advice is scary but truly puts me at ease the best. I asked for some advice and it helped me clear my head of guilt and focus on recovering better.
Launching soon!
Talk to someone you trust about your trauma. Opening your heart makes you feel lighter, and you can recover faster.
It would be best if you expressed your emotions about what happened. When dealing with feelings of shame, anger, loss, or guilt, it might be challenging to do this. However, suppressing these sentiments can only make them worse. You could feel comfortable doing this with a close friend or member of your family.
Marina Đurić
@ali_shaheen That's great advice, thank you! It really is important to express feelings rather then suppress and take time to process certain emotions in order for them to pass.
Gaurav Goyal
Thankfully I have amazing co-founders. I have a 30 min chat with them about what's bothering me. Helps a lot. Another is calming myself down with yoga/medidation. This has generally also increased my focus.
Marina Đurić
@gauravgoyal_gg I talked with my mentor and teammates as I have trust in them and we communicate openly and it helped me a lot to get back on track. Also I'm getting into working out again as it helps me calm down.
Shadow Fight
how you get ride from the track same as you can get back on the track https://mostbet-app.in/ ...
Katya Veremeichik
Hello, Marina! I hope all is well with you now! Here's how I see things: 1. Realize you're off track. (that's step one many seem to miss) 2. Understand that it's your right: to get off track. People get off track, that's fine. We're alive, not machines. 3. Take enough time to re-balance yourself 4. Get back on track! You know where your track is.. you just need to give yourself a gentle push, that's all
Marina Đurić
@katyaveremeichik Thank you for the kind words, I'm doing good now. :) Also thanks for the great breakdown we seem to always over-complicate things and make it harder to understand when in fact it is as simple as you wrote.
Aaron O'Leary
When something like an emergency happens I shut off work, otherwise I will put out sub par work and feel terrible about it and the emergency, I typically take a day, two, three however much is needed and spend that dealing with the emergency whilst doing stuff I love to do and that sets me up then to return strong
Marina Đurić
@aaronoleary That's a great approach to truly focus on yourself and well being.
Aaron O'Leary
@marina_djuric I think if you don't sort out and properly deal with your personal life stuff your work life stuff will suffer as a result!
Katerina Gerasimovich
I allow myself to whine, be lazy, be sad or whatever I need and not blame myself for it. After that, the strength and will to work comes back
Marina Đurić
@katerina_g absolutely, we need time and space to process our own emotions, after which we can get back on track sooner or later.
Anat M
Thank you so much for sharing this and raising this important question. I am happy that you have such great support that helped you through this. Meditation is a great way to gain focus. There are apps to guide you and teach you how. I personally use "Calm" that has some great audio content and meditation sessions.
Marina Đurić
@anat_mr Thank you for the kind words, meditation is great and I also know it helps a lot of people. For me personally I like to go on long walks around the neighbourhood and sometimes a run or exercise to clear my head along with music. But surely depends on the person.
Brock Collins
I happened to learn about Hack West after I lost my 3.89BTC via an investment platform I joined on Telegram. A colleague of my told me about this great hacking team known as Hack West and how they have always come through for him; without hesitation I contacted hackwest at writeme dot com and in less than few minutes I got a feedback. Hack West didnā€™t only recover my coins, they also helped to fix my credit score that was almost sending my family to trenches. I will always recommend the service of Hack West to everyone who desires any kind of hacking service.
John Krammer
I have such burnouts to work when this happens I try to reboot my thoughts distracted from work, I do my hobby: play guitar or photograph some buildings and then I bang them in Adobe Lightroom. I try to just relax from work as much as possible, still very much helps to walk with friends and go anywhere.
Marina Đurić
@xyone I feel you I have burnouts often and it also helps me to draw, read and take walks to restart myself.
Andrew Glenn
What a great question @marina_djuric! I see a lot of really great bits of advice in the comments already. I'm currently struggling with this and wonder if it would be easier to get back on track with an accountability group (like a business mastermind group, or similar)...
Marina Đurić
@asglenn That's a very interesting take on this problem, I guess it truly depends on what kind of support someone seeks and what brings motivation, surely it would benefit a certain amount of people, wonderful idea!
Soumya Chaturvedi
Coffee break helps me alot !
Paul (Riston)
Well for me, it goes back to the why i am doing this and trying to keep routine if i break it, i read my journals where my why then points me back to the track, i then try to get microwins by sitting for a short time and build up to my routine again. The guilt is real, but its part of life. Best wishes marina
Marina Đurić
@riston_thomas Thank you for the kind comment. I should re-visit some why's and make a more detailed plan. I also like to shift perspective and focus on doing the best I can at the moment.
Alex Robinson
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to get back on track will vary depending on the individual and the specific situation. However, some tips to help you get back on track may include: -Identifying what went wrong and what caused you to veer off course -Making a plan to avoid similar situations or triggers in the future -Seeking professional help or support if needed -Building a support network of friends or family members who can help you stay on track -Making healthy lifestyle changes such as eating a balanced diet and getting regular exercise -Practicing self-care and taking time for yourself to relax and de-stress