How do you determine whether a meeting is worth the time?

Charlie Gilkey
9 replies

Replies

MaheshVarma Kanumuri
It depends on the impact made by the meeting on result or final output.
Nicole Chaplin
Depending on how frequent we are having the meetings and if there is an agenda doc let's me know if its worth my time. Also if its a personal meeting I look at what else would I be doing if I was not in this meeting. If I am meeting a friend for lunch I look at is this a friend I really want to spend time with, are they draining my energy, or are they giving positive energy. These are some of the things I think about.
Martine Hammar
That's such a great question! I would say start by typing to discuss something or using asynchronous video and if you're REALLY getting nowhere then book a meeting
Kat Lapelosa
If I'm unclear about the objectives I communicate with the organizer to get a better understanding, and also to help coordinate materials if necessary. Meetings that have no actions = emails. Basic!
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
I did create a meeting cost calculator here. https://captaintime.com/meeting_... That provides the cost, so then you need to determine if the value you gained from the meeting is worth the time. Sadly most meetings aren't worthwhile. I train people on how to run more effective meetings.
Harshavardhan Reddy
when you actually see the results....
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
When you achieve the original goal of the meeting @charliegilkey
Durga Prasad Raju Nadimpalli
That's such a great question. Based on the end result.