How do you determine whether a meeting is worth the time?

Charlie Gilkey
9 replies

Replies

Martine Hammar
That's such a great question! I would say start by typing to discuss something or using asynchronous video and if you're REALLY getting nowhere then book a meeting
Nicole Chaplin
Depending on how frequent we are having the meetings and if there is an agenda doc let's me know if its worth my time. Also if its a personal meeting I look at what else would I be doing if I was not in this meeting. If I am meeting a friend for lunch I look at is this a friend I really want to spend time with, are they draining my energy, or are they giving positive energy. These are some of the things I think about.
Kat Lapelosa
If I'm unclear about the objectives I communicate with the organizer to get a better understanding, and also to help coordinate materials if necessary. Meetings that have no actions = emails. Basic!
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
I did create a meeting cost calculator here. https://captaintime.com/meeting_... That provides the cost, so then you need to determine if the value you gained from the meeting is worth the time. Sadly most meetings aren't worthwhile. I train people on how to run more effective meetings.
Harshavardhan Reddy
when you actually see the results....
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
When you achieve the original goal of the meeting @charliegilkey
MaheshVarma Kanumuri
It depends on the impact made by the meeting on result or final output.
Durga Prasad Raju Nadimpalli
That's such a great question. Based on the end result.