How can one avoid common time-wasting activities and optimize their daily routines?

Merve Tarayıcı
17 replies
What methods, tools, or techniques do you find most effective in streamlining your daily routines? How do you identify and eliminate time-wasting activities?

Replies

Olumide Olaseni
I tell myself I have a lot to do, i realize that after a few hours, I have marked all my to-do for the day, yea I have a to-do list of breakdown tasks not heavy assignments
Kavita
I try and timebox things that I know I might end up spending a lot of time on - like browsing/engaging on Twitter for example.
Tim Smits
Great question! For me actually one of the most time-wasting activities is scrolling on my phone. That's why I've started Unpluq We're helping people to introduce an intentional moment before scrolling, helping you save more than 1 hour and 20 minutes every day!
I start my day by pretending I'm already running late. It's surprising how much time you'll save by not getting sucked into social media or Netflix 😂
Donald Allen
To avoid common time-wasting activities, it's crucial to identify your main distractions and proactively minimize them, whether that's through setting boundaries, using productivity tools, or simply allocating specific times for relaxation. For optimizing your daily routine, consider planning your tasks the night before, prioritizing important tasks for when you're most productive, and remember to schedule regular breaks to keep your energy and focus levels high throughout the day.
Catherine Griffin
Goal setting, priority setting, and regular progress reviews bring focus and structure to one's day, allowing them to avoid time-wasting activities. In addition, adopting productivity tools, delegating chores when appropriate, and making time for leisure on a regular basis all contribute to a balanced, optimal routine that improves productivity and well-being.
Othmane Khadri
Work in sessions. 25 minutes deep work. 5 mins rest. In 2H it's a full 1h40 of deep work. I wonder what's the average in a full day of work, but i am sure it's not that much more.
Katya Veremeichik
My technique is to not be obsessed with optimizing and focus on prioritizing. We're people, not robots. Not every action has to be productive, not every breath you take has to bring ROI. I do what's important and urgent. Review what's important and not urgent and just get to the rest wherever I have extra energy.
Igor Lysenko
Hello, my product suits your problem. I used to have the same problem, but I fixed everything by creating a product for myself, it's free to use. But other products did not satisfy me.
Max Yamp
I want to just start listing off all the popular AI tools, but in reality there are more awesome tools launching here every single day so I'm not even up on the latest! I would of course point you to our upcoming launch of One Click Crypto, which is a hell of a time saver for DeFi investors who don't want to spend 8+ hours a day watching charts and reading news :D
Siqi Gao
For me, I focus on one task at a time and avoid multitasking.
Richard Diaz
Avoiding social media rabbit holes is a big one. Consider time-limit apps or browser extensions for those. Plan your day ahead, maybe the night before. Stick to your plan as much as you can.
Lois Rodriguez
Cut the distractions - close those social media tabs and turn off app notifications. Consider using apps like Forest or Freedom to stay focused.
Rongcan Wu
Use technology tools and apps to streamline your workflow and automate repetitive tasks. This will help you optimize your daily routines and free up your time for more meaningful activities.
Jacob Si
Learn to say no to distractions and interruptions, and carve out focused work time for yourself. This helps me avoid common time-wasting activities and optimize productivity.
Shokat Ali
Practice time-blocking.