How can build in public benefit the startups?

Elif Duran
48 replies
🚀 Building in public is a growing trend among SaaS startups, allowing them to share their development process, progress, and challenges with the public. 👀 I am curious in hearing about your experience. How has it helped build trust and credibility with potential customers and investors? What are the risks and challenges associated with this approach, and how do you manage them?

Replies

Marko D.
For me it was the feedback that proved the most valuable. It's absolutely mind-blowing how generous people are and will take their time to show you what and how to improve. Concerning the customer/investor part of the question, I definitely feel like it widens your reach and can yield some starting results, especially if your product targets other founders.
V. Stoica
Building in public can be a great tool for startups to build an engaged audience, gain visibility and test out new ideas. It allows startups to open up the creative process and engage their community in the development of new ideas. By being open about the progress of your startup, you can generate interest, acquire feedback, and create a foundation for building a meaningful relationship with your audience. Additionally, by sharing projects publicly, startups can better identify possible investors and spot potential collaboration opportunities. Tap the link for more information @elifduran ➡️ https://www.wearehuman.cc/articl...
Hugo DEVEZE 🏴‍☠️
I think it can help you get a community that allows you to : - get a backup if it doesn’t work because à community will always be useful - get an engaged community that can brings you more leads or business deals
Elif Duran
@devezehugo Building a community that supports you is one of the best reasons!
Aida Zu
- instant feedback - community around the product - many many bug fixing done in a short period of time - trust and user-centric image management
Elif Duran
@aidai_zu Totally agree. I am wondering, which one do you agree with: The companies building in public are user-centric or the companies which have a user-centric point of view, are already building in public?
Dale Castro
Sharing progress and processes can help refine products, build a community, and establish credibility. It can also attract like-minded individuals and organizations and increase the chances of long-term success.
Elif Duran
@monoshitsu1974 What do you think about the cons?
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Building in public is a super all-in-one approach for Indie hackers and small products. The thing you need to be careful about - be agile and stick with your community. Otherwise the community can cancel you.
Elif Duran
@mark_pavlyukovskyy Do you think is there any chance if you are so stick with your community, it can drag you down?
Oswald Soto
it can help increase brand awareness and build a loyal following by sharing the company's journey, updates, and progress with the public. This can also lead to valuable feedback and insights from customers, investors, and industry experts, which can inform product development and improve the overall user experience.
Vinay Sharma
Shows authenticity within the company...
Elif Duran
@vin_creatorstock What should companies share to show authenticity? Do you think sharing is enough or it is related to which information is shared with the community?
Vinay Sharma
@elifduran definitely what information is shared… I like to follow companies that show both hard times and successes, especially showing they’ve taken onboard user feedback… or use some sort of feedback tool which is public… we’re looking at implementing one for CreatorStock!
Roberto Gómez - ScalarOS.com
It can help you build trust with customers and investors. When people can see what you're doing and how you're doing it, they might be more likely to trust you and want to work with you.
Elif Duran
@roberjet Exactly. What do you think about the competition, should companies which build in public be worried about sharing too much information?
Roberto Gómez - ScalarOS.com
@elifduran 100%. Everything has its pros and cons and I think it's naive to think that there are no cons such as giving it too much to competitors. There are things like price wars in which, if you know for example how many is in the bank of your competitor, you have all the information.
Noah Jeffr
this topic is very unique and important, I think Building in the public domain is a great way to build trust between potential people and investors. By sharing your progress, progress, and challenges, you'll be transparent and authentic, which helps build trust with your audience. Also, a house in a public place helps you showcase your skills and desire to be a business leader. By sharing your insights and knowledge, you establish yourself as a leader in your field, helping to build trust among potential customers and investors. However, this approach has risks and problems. For example, publicly sharing your improvement can expose your mistakes and weaknesses to your competitors. It can also lead to negative feedback and criticism that can be difficult to manage. It is important for the public to have a good construction strategy to mitigate these risks. The strategy should include guidance on what information to share with the public and how to respond to feedback and criticism. It is also important that you be honest and transparent in your communications. If you try to hide or minimize negative feedback or competition, you will lose the trust of your audience. Instead, be honest and open about your challenges and how you're trying to deal with them. Overall, building in a public space is a great way to build trust with your audience. However, it is important that you follow this strategy with a clear plan and a willingness to be honest and transparent in your communications.
Richard Gao
Basically just marketing It's really helped grow my twitter, which helps promote my startup evoke-app.com It also enhances your PH launch
Tanzirul Huda
Building in public has increased transparency and gained trust with customers and investors. Risks include revealing sensitive information, which can be managed with open communication and strategic sharing.
Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
I think building in public can benefit startups by creating a strong community, increasing transparency and trust, receiving valuable feedback, and establishing credibility. 🚀👥💻📈 However, I wonder, where should you showcase this? Is social media the right path? Shold we share as a company or as the CEO?
Elif Duran
@catalina_sabogal_ortiz I saw them both but the person (founder, ceo...) receive more response, and feedback than the company I think.
Deniz Sutaş
@catalina_sabogal_ortiz founders get plenty of attention and are perceived more authentic and sincere, while company pages might be more likely to be perceived as promotional content.
Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
@deniz_sutas I Think this is true! At AirCal our CEO has way more engagement than our company's page.. Im wondering.. Will people follow other profiles too? The UX designers or programmers behind the product?
Pedro De la nube✪ 🧪
Building in public is openly sharing the process of creating and developing a startup or a parallel project with the company itself, from the idea to the final product. Some benefits of this practice are: - Build trust and credibility with potential customers, investors and partners. - Obtain early feedback and validation from users and the community. - Learn from other entrepreneurs and experts who share their experiences and advice. - Create a personal brand and a network of contacts that can support the growth of the startup. - Differentiate yourself from the competition and attract the attention of the media. Building in public and perseverance, in addition to good ideas, would be the perfect recipe to successfully promote a startup or any type of company! 👍💪🚀
Daniel Dixon
I think in general people have found that just launching a product doesn't bring users on it's own. The SaaS market and tech in general is crowded, so you may have the best technical product, but if no one knows about it, it will lose out to a more "out there" competitor. Having a community grow with you as your product is built means that when you launch or release a new update, there is already a base who is genuinely interested in what you're doing. Community, just like Customer Success (which aren't part of the actual product) has become a differentiator for businesses.
Digital Marketing
PT Tech Team Indonesia refers to a technology company in Indonesia that has a team or department that focuses on developing, implementing, and maintaining technology solutions, such as software, systems, or applications and Digital Marketing Services.
Rishabh R
Building in public is more about branding and creating a community around yourself. Everyone will be able to see your product from ideation to launch and feel like they are part of your journey, so they will support you. Moreover, there are a ton of people who wants to build a business and will be inspired by you. In short, you will develop a personal brand with a loyal following in the same niche as you, and they will buy your product when it is launched.
Hashir Ahmed
Building in public can benefit startups by establishing trust with their audience and creating a relatable, human connection. By openly sharing their journey, startups can build transparency and community around their brand.
Edun Kerry
Bulb in public lets you get feedback fast and in real time