Have you ever had a "brilliant" startup idea that you saw realized by someone else?

Daniel Engels
9 replies

Replies

Archisman Das
It was a brilliant idea and a brilliant product. Though not my own but I did work on the idea from 2007 to 2009. This was in 2007. I had just graduated college and joined a US-based tech company called Trilogy as an entry-level Product Manager. Trilogy was a highly entrepreneurial organization. They had a BootCamp program called Trilogy University where new joinees pitched business ideas to the founder and the senior leadership. The company incubated the ones that made the most progress during the program. One such product that came out of Trilogy University was Zozoc. We used to call it Skype for SMS back then. SMS costs used to be high back then. Zozoc was a mobile application that routed your text messages through mobile internet (1G / GPRS) at a fraction of cost. (Sounds familiar) Note that these were very early days of mobile. iPhone had just launched (and without an appstore) There was no Android. Launched in China in 2006, over the years it grew to 5+ Million users across China, India, and South East Asia. However, we never found a way to monetize the users. The product was shut down in 2011 from what I recall. Whatspp was founded in 2009 and sold to Facebook for bazillion dollars in 2014.
Tarun Karthikeyan
All the time. It's often more concerning if there are no competitors.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
Many times, but with minor differences. It's still a good sign of your creative mind that you come with an idea, without knowing that it's already realized, that has actually a real demand on the market. It means that you can invent potentially profitable products.
Tanya Kapoor
It is quite common and that's why we have competitors. But the one and the most crucial thing that distinguishes your idea from the rest is what, how, when, and why you execute it. Also, the features of your products/services distinguish. So, it is not bad if someone has already realized it. Take it as an opportunity to be more creative and include 'the extra' features.
Mike Nash
For sure - ideas are cheap. Don't sweat it. If you weren't convicted enough in the idea at the time to focus on it, then you weren't the right person to build it at the time.
Adam Patterson
Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing. Dashboard Anywhere
Madara
When I come up with an idea I've never heard of, I google it and see that not only someone has already made the product, but that you can find such products on eBay and Amazon already :D Downside of the internet world.
SAWS TREND
Well, to help you get started, here is a concrete step-by-step guide to developing your startup idea. 1. Consider and analyze the [url=https://sawstrend.com/track-saw-... Track Saw[/url] relevant markets. ... 2. Note down your ideas and expand them. ... 3. Carry out competitive analysis. ... 4. Model your business. ... 5.Create/design/sketch your mockup and then test it.