Google unveils "Bard", a rival to ChatGPT. Thoughts?

Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
26 replies
Google unveiled a chatbot called “Bard” compete with ChatGPT. Looks quite similar in terms of the conversational functionality. https://blog.google/technology/a... Thoughts?

Replies

Joshua Dance
We already had snippets, this seems like smarter snippets to me.
dnil gis
My thoughts are that AI is hotter than blue steel
Ben Katz
SEO is going to be changing in the next couple years...
Nikhil Sharma
@saasdesigner it's good to see the hot competition between open AI and Google AI 🔥
Greg Doig
It will be interesting to see how the search results will change. Here's one comment made in the Google Blog: " Soon, you’ll see AI-powered features in Search that distill complex information and multiple perspectives into easy-to-digest formats, so you can quickly understand the big picture and learn more from the web: whether that’s seeking out additional perspectives, like blogs from people who play both piano and guitar, or going deeper on a related topic, like steps to get started as a beginner. These new AI features will begin rolling out on Google Search soon." The move by Microsoft to incorporate ChatGPT into Bing seems to have given scare into Google and the battle for search. I've seen a few articles mentioning that idea recently. As someone who started exploring the internet on a Radio Shack TRS80 Model III with a 300 baud modem, and who is older than the internet, things are moving pretty darn fast. ⏭
It's just the beginning of the AI Wars - we don't need to worry about SkyNet because they'll just end up fighting each other...
Said Aitmbarek
We may be slowly transitioning from a search/query model to a question/answer model. Like ChatGPT, it's not sentient and is also based on transformer models but trained on dialogs. It'll be very interesting to compare it in practice to ChatGPT 🔥
Muhammad Ahmad
first, competition is good. second, it'll be interesting to see how google handles the safety and truthfulness of the information in search while using bard. SEO has ruined google search for a while now and because of that, most people are a bit cautious of google search results. AI is hella creative so it has this trait of sounding confidently inaccurate in results, especially in maths and history checks. It can easily hallucinate about the time Winston Churchill went live on Instagram right before D-Day if you phrase your question just right. So, it'd be interesting to see how all this is handled in search.
Sameer Jain
This is cool. I'm going to have a ball picking "brains" of all the AI bots!!
Naren Bhandary
Google could have been developing this for a long time but for such a large company to release a tool so quickly to compete with the hottest thing in AI right now is commendable! I have always heard of innovative companies slowing down the larger they grow but if Google started building Bard only after seeing the success of ChatGPT, wow! Hats off!
Marceric a
It's a race to see who can do better than ChatGPT, but so far the results don't seem to beat OpenAI. You have to leave a little more time to have a real difference.
Slim Wilbard
Competition is greater to make a change in world
Ozan
The battle between Microsoft and Google on AI will be fun to watch. Watched Satya Nadella's interview today on Bing's new AI chat tool for search. On SEO changes, he said the chat tool will follow the "fair use" principles and always reference the articles. But would users still click the links? That's another question. The interview:
Steve Katz
Good thing is that the free versions will just get better, and less over loaded on pick hours
Oluwakemi Akinsete
Bring on the competition💥 I'm especially thrilled to see the diversity of search applications and innovations. Although, as with any new technology, I would proceed with caution. Nonetheless, I'm beyond eager to put it to the test and see if it lives up to its hype.
Miguel Angel Pérez Alvarez
IMHO, educators must develop high level challenges who help Ss to build new cognitive model.
Julian Saunders
How much will I have to bid to be included in the AI answer? Whatever comes next from Google will be heavily compromised by the commercial demands of being a public company. You can bet the free version will sell to you like a crack dealer on errr crack.
Sabyasachi Sahu
It is going to be a good competition. What needs to be seen is that how these two Tech Giants are going to integrate the AI tools into their products and improve the ease of use.
Arpan
Seems a desperate move, tbh!
Shrilatha Shripathi
The product created to solve problems >>> product created to lead against one. let's use the one which offers the best..