Google ads or Facebook ads?

Anil Matcha
25 replies

Replies

Robert Katai
It really depends. If you want to get more people to consume your content, you can use social media ads: because is much more social and the behavior is to create, connect and consume content. But on Google ads, people are looking to solve a specific problem or find an answer to their question. It's a more intent-driven platform. So, if you have a solution or a product that answers a specific need, Google Ads might be more effective for you. Think about the user's intent and where they are in the customer journey. Social media is often about discovery and connection, whereas Google is about seeking solutions. Choose the platform that aligns best with your content's purpose and your target audience's behavior.
Joel Cooper
Facebook ads I was doubtful if its targeting still works because of iphone's "ask app not to track feature" but someone recently clarified for me that it doesn't affect facebook advertising because that only affects if you want to do device specific targeting like iOS users only. Can someone still confirm this for me though? Even though I feel facebook ads does do better targeting if your target is 40 years & above group it does get leads and right visibility. Google ads I personally haven't gotten many leads because lack of funds lol and there's too much competition so I don't really know how to make my way through it. Any Advice on this?
Olena Bomko
So many startups waste money on ads. They should start with customer research, LinkedIn/Twitter organic, a clear website, and PH.
Rohan Pathak
@olenabomko definitely agree with this. Their foundations are weak and they try to run ads on top of that which crumbles the foundation!
Gaurav Kumar
same here never went for ads. Asking a Forbes writer to feature your product on Forbes or other publications will be a bonus. I ask mostly Jodie Cook for Forbes stuff. The rest is PH and Linkedin.I do not have active Twitter because Twitter policies are sh*t and the CEO itself. Never did any marketing 🙌 . PRs and Kickstarter are helpful too. Note: Kickstarter is not available in most countries.
Igor Lysenko
Advertising on Facebook is more tactful and at a good price, targeting is easier there.
Fabian Maume
Google ad is usually indented targeted: people looking for specific topic on google Facebook ad is usually interest targeted So it depends what your goal is.
Rohan Pathak
@mounir_nejjai the quality of audience on TikTok is not as high as that on Linkedin and Twitter honestly
Kirill Sokol
@mounir_nejjai @persuasionkid It depends on the portrait of your potential customer and your advertising strategy. In 2023, TikTok is visited by over 1 billion active users per month so it's likely that you can reach your users on TikTok rather than Facebook. Considering that the cost of advertising is lower on TikTok then this may have a better effect for you
Mounir Nejjai
@persuasionkid I agree with @malkielfalcone : depending on your ICP it can be a good idea. Users are more engaged on TikTok and use it more and more for search...
Adam Cooper
Google Ads vs Facebook Ads, huh? Depends on your game. Google's great for intent-based searches, while Facebook nails demographic targeting.
Kate
Facebook Ads
Dave-Anthony Smith
I'd say invest in content marketing. It's a better bang for your buck in the long run. The data shows conversion rates are down and cost per lead is increasing: https://searchengineland.com/goo... Ads are not a sustainable route for long term growth. If you're genuinely helping your target customer and solving their problems with great content, and participating on platforms like PH or Linkedin, they will find you.
Kirill Sokol
@pointae Unfortunately content marketing produces results for too long and unpredictably. In addition, it is much more difficult to calculate the effectiveness of such marketing. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't do content marketing. On the contrary! All I'm saying is that you need to do comprehensive marketing using different strategies including content marketing, Google/Facebook ads, SMM, working with Influencers and more...
alan robert
"I'm a small business owner, so I use Facebook Ads because they're more affordable than Google Ads. But if I had a bigger budget, I would use both platforms."
Lisa Stanley
Facebook Ads if you want to target a specific audience. Facebook has a wealth of data on its users, so you can create highly targeted ads that are more likely to be seen by people who are interested in your products or services.
Edward G
Beyond regular marketing, networking and community building, ads definitely have their place. I've used both and found Facebook, although more expensive, is better for getting leads. Google is cheaper, easier, and casts a wider net, but you need to have a solid lead generation flow.
Steve Lou
Depends on your industry and how competitive it is. That said, there are so many other ways to reach your customers these days that are less expensive but might demand effort.
Aqib Fazal
Both are worthy, you should be smart enough to play with them.