Ended up being in top 5, in my first launch! Ask me anything you want!

Mutlu Sakar
39 replies
Hey hunters, 
 Last Tuesday 21st of March, Inodash (https://www.producthunt.com/post...) ended up being #5. 
It was my first PH launch experience, thank you for everyone again.
 Please feel free to shoot.
 You can ask everything!

Replies

Mher Hovakimyan
Congrats! Wish good luck in your future achievements. Does UX research is a matter for startups in the early stage or it's more necessary for the next stages of startup developments?
Mutlu Sakar
@ovamoki UX is definetely a matter in every stage but sparing resources for a ux audit or a ux researcher person :/ I believe founders should be the ux researcher/PM/salesman/marketing guy and so much more if you are an early stage ;)
Shubham Pratap Singh
Would you like to share the number of users who signed up on Inodash during launch ?
Mutlu Sakar
@shubham_pratap More than 100 users subscribed in our freemimum during this week, almost all of them coming from PH.
Janine N
how long have you been working on your product and how much time and resource did the preparation take to launch on PH? Did you have a community established, that supported you on launch day or was a lot of the traction you gained organic on the day?
Mutlu Sakar
@janine_nitz Hi Janine, I can say around 2 months ago we finalized our launch decision. It was all our effort inside the community, no other resources we used. We already know some people active in PH but after we decided to launch we started to be active in platform and interacted w people here, they were our supporters during launch day. Other than that we also wrote to all communities we could find, organic followed them on launch day.
Giannis Kiokpas
congrats! impressive!
Elly
That's awesome, congratulations. Was your ranking stable throughout the day? Or were there any crashes?
Mutlu Sakar
@elly_cho Thanks Elly. It was not bad but had some fluctuations. We were at #3 at some point then descreased to 6 and in last hour ended up being 5 :)
Ksenia Khriptovich
Congratulations, Multu, that's very impressive!
Sudeshna Roy
Congratulations Mutlu. Apart from the product and Product Hunt basic assets, what other things should one keep in mind while preparing for launch? How much time did you spend on launch preparation? Also, any marketing/distribution tips?
Mutlu Sakar
@sudeshna_roy 2 months i can say. We prepared a video (people loved it) but it was not only for PH, we are using it in our landing page as well. Apart from that we used basic PH assets. Used platform and discussions to build audience.
Subhendu Pratap Singh
Do you advice collaborating with a known hunter to launch your first product on PH?
Mutlu Sakar
@subhendu_singh We hunt ourselves but as i observe i would advice definetely. But if you have reached a strong and big community, you can hunt yourself as well.
Subhendu Pratap Singh
@mutlusakar Mkaes sense! Any suggestions on how to reach out to the hunters and how much do they charge?
Evan Paul
Congratulation @mutlusakar For a first-time experience, that's really good. I guess there has been alot of learning and friends you know who you can count on :)
Balkrishna Karma
Congratualtions Multu. My question to you is If you get an opportunity to change one thing related to launch on PH, what would it be?
Yavuz Tunc Emran
Congratulations Mutlu! What are your top 3 tips that you could give me?
Mutlu Sakar
@tunc_emran Thanks. Well imo: - Get interacted with people in PH community in advance, get your follower number increased and interact with people in discussions. - Find strong communities outside of PH (slack groups, wa groups etc.) - Make your landing page a conversion beast.
Devreet
@tunc_emran @mutlusakar What are your tips for making the landing page a conversion beast?
Mutlu Sakar
@tunc_emran @devreetdulay Clarify the benefit, address the needs of customers and made your flow easy to get inside.
Congratulations @mutlusakar! 😄 Can you please share some insights on the strategy that you used to end up in the top 5? And how early did you start your launch preparations?
Mutlu Sakar
@vaishali_rastogi Thank you! Well actually i am an old PH user, i was already checking platform often but when we decided to launch in PH, i got being more active and made presence in discussions as well. I can say we started 2 months back. I started to be active everyday, followed lots of people, comment on products, comment on discussions etc. We also did lots of work in our landing page (which we should do anyway), we prepared a video, changed layout and worked on bugs;) That is pretty much all.
Jolie Pham
Congrats on your first launch, that's really cool! Absolutely wanna hear your sharing on the setup for a successful launch 🤘
Mutlu Sakar
@jolierpham :D Long story but it is nothing different than the stuff you can find in Google. Maybe i would write one, too 🤔
Thomas Boulesteix
How did you prepare for the product launch? How long had you been teasing and what are the keys to your ranking #5?
Mutlu Sakar
@thomas_boulesteix Hi, i am an old PH user, i was already checking platform often but when we decided to launch in PH, i got being more active and made presence in discussions as well. I can say we started 2 months back. I would say being active in PH community and gaining as much as followers/buddies is the most important key. Other than that, if you perfect your landing page and your value statement, it should work.
Josh Freeland
Congrats! what was the number one thing you did that you thinking helped get this rank?
Josh Freeland
@mutlusakar what communities like IH, facebook groups, etc?
Ayush Agrawal
How do you feel about the launch on PH ? Mainly in terms of feedback that might be pouring in ? I have heard PH launch is more like a flash in the pan kind a thing. Thoughts ?
Sameer Jain
Congratulations @mutlusakar and also getting this kind of response with just 2 months of prep is a great achievement.