Does the sites (such as betalist.com) work?

Tim Lee
12 replies
betapage.co, betalist.com, startupbase.io, startupbuffer.com, ... Does anyone has experience with these websites? Not sure whether they're good or not. (e.g. their traffic) Not sure whether I should put some efforts on this websites.

Replies

Clement Surry
I'm agreeing with @jakub_pisor on this. It's good especially in the initial stages in terms of building some domain authority. To bring in users other than PH, haven't found anything significant yet.
Jakub Piskor
In terms of bringing in new users, I have had success only on BetaList and ProductHunt. Other directory sites didn’t bring me any new users. But I still do launches on these sites to gain backlinks and increase domain authority.
Tim Lee
@jakub_piskor the best and the authentic reply! thx!
Tim Lee
@jakub_piskor So I guess u paid BetaList?
Jakub Piskor
@timlee_x_producthunt @sven_radavics actually no, I didn’t pay for launch on BetaList. I waited approximately 3 months for the launch there. :)
Himanshu Jain
People with side projects always need exposure. So. if such websites are built and run properly then they have potential to be successful. For any website I start from checking the domain ranking to guess how good or bad they are. Beta list's domain rating is 74 with over 12,000 backlinks. And that indicates that they are doing something right.
Himanshu Jain
However, I would also say that while checking the domain rating gives us some insight about the website's potential, it can also be misleading if the websites in not very old. Hence, it may make sense to check the website's age also. For example the domain rating of our Job board is just 12 but getting that 12 in just 4 months tells us a different story that people are liking it. I use "Wayback machine" (Internet archive to guestimate the age of websites and www.who.is to know the age of the domain.